Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free cups of tea

Options
  • 20-10-2012 1:03am
    Site Banned Posts: 4

Last August a rep from Electric Ireland called to my door, and talked me into switching from Airtricity to Electric Ireland. I signed all the required forms, he took the meter readings for gas and electricity and said the bill's from now on will be from Electric Ireland.I told him I had just paid both bills two weeks ago, he finished his cup of tea and left.
    Today I received a bill from Airtricity......I phoned Electric Ireland, gave them all the details they asked for, and more details, and more again. They had no record of me since 1999.
    Was this just someone out for free cups of tea, and a chat.
    I have all the carbon copies of the switch.
    Reminds me of why I switched in the first place.
    But Airtrictity are very disjointed with the billing some times 3 months, and never the same period with gas and electricity.
    Any comments from Electric Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi wossie,

I'm sorry to hear of this. If there is no trace on our system of this changeover (which is strange), regrettably the only thing we can do at this point is remind you of the reasons you may have been tempted to switch to begin with:
    • You can choose from our flexible dual-fuel (electricity and gas) price plans:
      Save up to 14%* on electricity and 6%** on gas unit rates – that’s up to € 192*** a year.
      OR
      Save up to 14%** on gas and 6%* on electricity unit rates (up to €175*** a year).
    • Save up to 11%* on electricity only unit rates (up to €112*** a year).
    • Save up to 6%** on gas only unit rates (up to €49*** a year).
    • Switching is easy. Go online or call us. All we need is your meter and banking details and your choice of price plan.
    • No need to change your electricity or gas meters or connections.
    • We look after everything, including advising your current supplier, so you don't have to.

We apologise for the fact that the switch never came through. When you were in touch with our agents by phone, did you specify precisely when the salesperson called to your house, and the area in which you live? We can investigate this further for you if you wish, in order to get to the bottom of it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

*Discount on Electric Ireland Standard electricity unit rates
    **Discount on Electric Ireland Standard gas unit rates
    ***Savings are based on best available price plan for stated fuel(s), for customers switching to Electric Ireland and who sign up for Direct Debit and Online Billing. Savings are based on average annual consumption of 5,300kWh per year for electricity and 13,800 kWh per year for gas.
    Actual saving will depend on your chosen price plan, payment method, electronic or paper billing, your date of sign up and your actual electricity and/or gas usage.

Advertisement