Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome 2 HD game footage

• 20-10-2012 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

This is just so good, can't wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The Squad cam battles look just beautiful..... Well apart from all the dead body's :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

still a year away, that could be an epic game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

:eek:

Hold on while i pick my jaw up from the floor..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ok im definitely building a new computer next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I only recently bought Rome grand ages gold edition, is this the same series? Rome 2 seems very battle orientated from that clip.

• Advertisement

No, it's from the Total War series. They released Rome Total War a few years ago, it was the first game of the series to feature a new style of campaign map (empire managing, army movement) and detailed battles (one on one unit fighting, animations, movement).

I'd advise you to have a gander at any of the Total War games and see what you think of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

ScumLord wrote: »
    I only recently bought Rome grand ages gold edition, is this the same series? Rome 2 seems very battle orientated from that clip.

Yes its the same series. It not out for another year there just showing what one of the battles you fight will look like. For me this footage is amazing,can't wait to see future footage.

There going to have the "Celts" as a faction too can't wait to see that and the campaign map its going to be huge.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    No, it's from the Total War series. They released Rome Total War a few years ago, it was the first game of the series to feature a new style of campaign map (empire managing, army movement) and detailed battles (one on one unit fighting, animations, movement).

I'd advise you to have a gander at any of the Total War games and see what you think of them.

2004 Rome 1 was released its an old game, the 2013 version is leaps and bounds ahead of any total war game they've made before.

still a year away, that could be an epic game :)

Imagine what other cities will look like going by this, stunning. Never seen detail like this in a strategy game ever. I want to be frozen now and be woken up to play this lol, i want to play it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'd love CA to get a LOTR license, "Total War: Lord of the Rings" could be great fun and they have the expertise to do the large scale battles justice.

Oh, well, I guess another Rome game is almost as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Amazing looking even this far out from release. The detail in the city is staggering. The last TW I played was the 2004 Rome game. Remember when you captured a city you could zoom into it from the campaign map and explore with a free camera. I would love a first person mode in this game where you could walk the streets of these cities simply to explore.
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'd love CA to get a LOTR license, "Total War: Lord of the Rings" could be great fun and they have the expertise to do the large scale battles justice.

Your best bet is probably one of the inevitable LOTR mods for this game. I vaguely remember trying out similar mods for RomeTW back around 2005 and they werent half bad. There will definitely be a bunch people in the modding community eager to use this engine to recreate Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith!
    That is a mouth watering prospect.

This has already been modded mate, if you have the medieval and medieval kingdoms total war game. You can play the total conversion of it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=654

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWORokGZOds

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As a classicist, I approve this trailer :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ScumLord wrote: »

Do yourself a favour and get Rome: Total War. One of the best games on the PC, not to be missed.

Google "Third Age: Total War". It's a full conversion mod of Medieval Total War 2: Kingdoms, set in the LOTR world. Very well made mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheSheepz

Veni, veni, veni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Hope that's not the final battle they just showed :P

Rome total war was epic. This looks great. Don't think I have the time or money to invest into this.

It will require some nice hardware to truly enjoy it's scale and depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Do yourself a favour and get Rome: Total War. One of the best games on the PC, not to be missed.

And with the wealth of mods available theres lots of ways to keep the game interesting.

I'd highly recommend the Europa Baraborum mod but theres loads more great ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Getting to play in actual real looking cities is going to be cool.

Advertisement