Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water constantly coming up sink in bathroom

• 20-10-2012 8:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Since last night, water seems to keep coming up through the plughole in the bathroom and I have to keep emptying the water out, it doesn't seem to ever go down..

I was going to buy a plunger today and someone recommended a drain cleaner but my problem is that the water isn't going down the drain so not sure how a drain cleaner will help..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get a plunger first, that should at least shift the blockage enough that drain cleaner should work as it can get to it.
    I find that hair seems to block sinks regularly, I used a piece of self adhesive velcro wrapped around a piece of wire to clean it.
    The hook side of the velcro not the wooly side.
    It grips the hair and can pull a lot out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 HomeRepair.ie

You need three items, half cup of Baking Soda, half cup of White Vinegar and some boiling water.
    1: Pour the half cup of Bread Soda down the plug hole.
    2: Follow that with the half cup of Vinegar.
    This will start to bubble and fizz.
    Let it continue to bubble, when it is all done pour some of the boiling water into the plughole. This should clear the blockage.

Advertisement