Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who have never travelled

• 20-10-2012 10:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

There is something innately wrong with people who have never travelled or who have no desire to do so. You know the type: born and raised in Ballygobackwards, maybe spent a few years living in the "Big Smoke" for college, only to return to their little village and marry the girl up the road. Their inbred children will usually continue the cycle leading to whole villages having the same surname. These are usually the same types who proclaim that Ireland is the best country in the world. Idiots. Travel and then make that judgement.

So far, I have experienced living in South America, North America and Asia, each for months at a time. I have also visited over 30 European cities, mainly on week long holidays. I could write a book on my adventures and may well do so one day. The people I've met, the sights I've seen... I'm getting nostalgic just reminiscing about it.

Your annual piss-up in Santa Ponsa with the lads is not travelling by the way. I find that people who haven't travelled are also extremely socially awkward, usually still living with the mother too. Anyway, what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I think your an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think you sound like an arrogant git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

So you just came on here to show off about how many countries you've been to ?

I also think your a idiot.

Edit, OPs other post proves that he has a serious problem with Irish people. Get a grip troll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There is something innately wrong with people who have never travelled or who have no desire to do so
    I would not have thought so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 IsaacNewton

Sappa wrote: »
    I think your an idiot.

*you're

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

what I think is, that even though you've travelled you seem to have grown in judgement of others, this would be called arrogance and doesnt suit one who has travelled well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I seem to remember this thread before...

Although I do kinda get it. I've never understood people who have no desire to travel further than the next big town.

*you're

Oh shut the F up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The arrogance and smugness just dripping from your post

Which is unfortunatly common from some tools who return from traveling

"I spent a month in Cambodia"
    "That's nothing, I spent a month in Cambodia and helped orphans"
    "Ah shure that's nothing, I did all that and defused land mines" :rolleyes:

Smug story toppers, the likes of you OP are welcome to stay abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

There is something innately wrong with people who have never travelled or who have no desire to do so. You know the type: born and raised in Ballygobackwards, maybe spent a few years living in the "Big Smoke" for college, only to return to their little village and marry the girl up the road. Their inbred children will usually continue the cycle leading to whole villages having the same surname. These are usually the same types who proclaim that Ireland is the best country in the world. Idiots. Travel and then make that judgement.

So far, I have experienced living in South America, North America and Asia, each for months at a time. I have also visited over 30 European cities, mainly on week long holidays. I could write a book on my adventures and may well do so one day. The people I've met, the sights I've seen... I'm getting nostalgic just reminiscing about it.

Your annual piss-up in Santa Ponsa with the lads is not travelling by the way. I find that people who haven't travelled are also extremely socially awkward, usually still living with the mother too. Anyway, what do you think?

angry man - does someone need a hug?? :P

• Advertisement

michellie wrote: »
    Oh shut the F up.

Great come back. How can I compete with an intellectual heavyweight like your self?

Great come back. How can I compete with an intellectual heavyweight like your self?

Why don't you go travelling for a few months until you can come up with something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Well la-dee-da. I hope you removed your monocle prior to posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

I think you are a spa!

Absolute idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Judging by the first few replies quite a few it seems. Whilst the tone of the OP may be pompous the sentiment is correct.

Unless hindered financially it is quite pitiful if you choose not to travel and see the world. It opens your eyes in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Thinly veiled "I have money to travel" thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Jaysus as someone who likes to travel, I'm embarrassed for you, OP. Cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Wow you are a smug one aren't you, bet you never did a days work in your life aswell by the sounds of it. Did mammy and daddys trust fund fianace your week long holidays? get over yourself idiot

Aidric wrote: »
    Judging by the first few replies quite a few it seems. Whilst the tone of the OP may be pompous the sentiment is correct.

Unless hindered financially it is quite pitiful if you choose not to travel and see the world. It opens your eyes in a good way.

Except it hasn't opened the OP's eyes in a good way at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What are you running from OP?

Aidric wrote: »

Then how do you explain the OP being such a tosser?

Jesus Christ, sounds like I touched a nerve. What is so wrong about travelling? It opens your mind to new experiences and you make so many new friends. With Ryanair these days, you don't need to be as millionaire to travel either. Talk about the infamous Irish begrudgery....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's a matter of class op.Classy people don't talk about it.

Jesus Christ, sounds like I touched a nerve. What is so wrong about travelling? It opens your mind to new experiences and you make so many new friends. With Ryanair these days, you don't need to be as millionaire to travel either. Talk about the infamous Irish begrudgery....

It's not begrudgery at all. I have travelled to every continent and saw lots too but my experience wasn't to come back and look down my nose at others. This is what people have repeatedly pointed out to you. Arrogance, especially after all your travels to be like this is as one poster posted cringeworthy.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's nothing wrong with travelling.
    There's something wrong with thinking you are better than those who don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I hate this attitude. I love to travel and see new things as I find it interesting. Other people like to stay in their local area, work there and have a family and raise it.

Who are we to dictate to other people how they should live? I also find that people who travel and become "enlightened" also run the risk of becoming insufferable at times.

Your first couple of posts so far nicely backing up that statement.

Nothing wrong with travelling OP, in fact there is an organisation dedicated to promoting your people, Pavee Point i think it's called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People aren't touchy because of travelling, it's because you said it in such an insulting, pompous way.

Tell you what, how about you go back to whatever country you left your humility and go find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

I know what's wrong. He came back from abroad and tried it on with the girl in the village and she turned him down.

Looks like you will have to keep travelling......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I could write a book on my adventures and may well do so one day.

With your arrogant attitude you should get a job in RTÉ no problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

This thread has been done before, word for word!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80039184

kneemos wrote: »
    It's a matter of class op.Classy people don't talk about it.
    +1

Sorry OP, class is something you just can't buy, no matter how far you travel.

Jaysus lads obvious troll is obvious.

Trolls are like stray animals. Feed them, and they'll keep coming back for more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement