Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW8 Match Day Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Not only would you not get the points retrospectively, but I don't think clubs can even appeal a two yellow card sending off.

Never knew this. You live and you learn. It was pretty harsh on the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iMuse wrote: »
    72 this week, Inside the top 2000 globally. It's def my best start to a FPL season. I can't understand people benching sterling this week, if you don't play him at home to a promoted team then you will never play him :P

I play 3-4-3 so he's my bench fodder mid. All my other mids had decent matches (or so I thought) so he lost out as I have Suarez and you can never overly rely on Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

S.M.B. wrote: »
    900th overall? Where are you now? I actually wouldn't mind taking a look at your team and the changes you've made over the course of the season but can't 'cause of your anti dick swinging ways.

Here's my team, seeing as you asked, I'm 20 points behind you, although if I'd played Sterling and captained RVP (as you did) the gap would be a mere 2 points...

I think my team just edges yours (I assume you swapped Hazard for Mata this week too).

McAuley > Davies
    Nolan > Fellaini
    Ba = Tevez
    Fletcher > Berbatov

I also have an extra 0.6m in the bank to play with and don't have money tied up in Tevez/Fellaini.

Of course this counts for nothing if I continue to get my captain and subs choices wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Lemlin wrote: »

I was referring to the FSA league.
    Ah. Didnt even know there was one. Is there still a code for that or is it closed now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

roryc wrote: »
    Here's my team, seeing as you asked, I'm 20 points behind you, although if I'd played Sterling and captained RVP (as you did) the gap would be a mere 2 points...

I think my team just edges yours (I assume you swapped Hazard for Mata this week too).

McAuley > Davies
    Nolan > Fellaini
    Ba = Tevez
    Fletcher > Berbatov

I also have an extra 0.6m in the bank to play with and don't have money tied up in Tevez/Fellaini.

Of course this counts for nothing if I continue to get my captain and subs choices wrong.

Obviously your team doesnt edge his if he's 20 points ahead? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

McAuley > Davies
    Nolan > Fellaini
    Ba = Tevez
    Fletcher > Berbatov

Well if it isn't Michu-chu Train.

Edges/smedges.

I'm perfectly content with how my squad is set up and certainly wouldn't trade it for yours if I had the chance.

Well if it isn't Michu-chu Train.

Edges/smedges.

I'm perfectly content with how my squad is set up and certainly wouldn't trade it for yours if I had the chance.

Haha ffs I wasn't being argumentative. Our teams are basically identical at the moment but I think my team is slightly stronger.

Does this mean I will score better than you over the next week/month? Hell no. I got my captain choice and substitute wrong this week and it made a massive difference.
    Obviously your team doesnt edge his if he's 20 points ahead? :confused::confused::confused:

Strange logic! Just because a team is ahead doesn't mean its better going forward. Someone who wildcards this week could be 50 points behind me but have a better team. TBH i don't like the fact that I have RVP in my team but think I need to wait until I have 2 free transfers before I can utilise the extra cash. I'd prefer not to have Demel or Clark. I'd also like to fit Bale in somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

33 points, gone from 15k to 36k :(

Haha ffs I wasn't being argumentative. Our teams are basically identical at the moment but I think my team is slightly stronger.

Does this mean I will score better than you over the next week/month? Hell no. I got my captain choice and substitute wrong this week and it made a massive difference.
    Sorry, sorry, you're right. I don't know what came over me there. Your team is better than mine.

• Advertisement

Sorry, sorry, you're right. I don't know what came over me there. Your team is better than mine.

You could have argued the merit of the players, or you could have been a d*ck. You chose option B. It's no surprise you and Lemlin feel the need to advertise your teams in your sig.

That makes two things you have in common. Goodbye.

2mzilp5.jpg

You could have argued the merit of the players, or you could have been a d*ck. You chose option B. It's no surprise you and Lemlin feel the need to advertise your teams in your sig.

That makes two things you have in common. Goodbye.

2mzilp5.jpg

I don't see why I was dragged into this one. I'm on ignore according to you so I'd prefer I was left out of the petty name calling.

And tbh, I also don't see why you have a problem with advertising your team in your sig when you constantly post your position in the game on here anyway.

You were also the very lad who told me I shouldn't be commenting on teams above me when I was behind you last season and passed judgement on your team.

I do love how you keep to your principles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

You guys take FPL wayyy too seriously!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anymore name calling will result in bans

Ace0x9 wrote: »

Haha I hope I'm not included in this! I've taken to building up my ignore list, it makes for much easier reading of these threads.

I won €2,500 or so through different FPL leagues last year so yes, I do take it seriously enough.

Seeing as I get riddled with tax, PRSI and a Universal Social Charge every pay day, a tax free bonus is a nice incentive.

That said, I wouldn't run around the forum calling people names.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Anymore name calling will result in bans

Gracias!
    I won €2,500 or so through different FPL leagues last year so yes, I do take it seriously enough.
    Seeing as I get riddled with tax, PRSI and a Universal Social Charge every pay day, a tax free bonus is a nice incentive.
    That said, I wouldn't run around the forum calling people names.

I respect you for that, what's your status this year?
    Haha I hope I'm not included in this! I've taken to building up my ignore list, it makes for much easier reading of these threads.

This involves pretty much everyone diverting from the topic. I'm still new at FPL though I've been following various leagues such as the LaLiga, EPL, Bundesliga and some other minor leagues for quite a lot of years. To be honest, the EPL has got to be one of the most messed up leagues (with respect to the results that each fixture delivers) I've followed till date. A bit of flaming is alright but I think the mod there, has a point.
    Diverting from the topic only messes the thread up.

Gracias!

I respect you for that, what's your status this year?

This involves pretty much everyone diverting from the topic. I'm still new at FPL though I've been following various leagues such as the LaLiga, EPL, Bundesliga and some other minor leagues for quite a lot of years. To be honest, the EPL has got to be one of the most messed up leagues (with respect to the results that each fixture delivers) I've followed till date. A bit of flaming is alright but I think the mod there, has a point.

I'm around 90k in the world. 3rd in my private league which will net me the most profit. No work league this year because I've won it four out of the past five years so I'm down the €600 to €800 that it generally netted me.

I agree the mod has a point. If you look above though, I was dragged into an argument between two other users which had nothing to do with me. Dragged in by a user who called me names a couple of times last year and who apparently has me on ignore.

Let him leave me on ignore but no need to drag me into his new arguments.

It was a lot worse last season so rather than get dragged into arguments this time around I'm just sticking them on ignore. It's generally the ones that take it a bit more seriously that feel the need to argue. I can do without their advice...

S.M.B made a smart comment earlier (which I ignored) about wanting to see my team so I showed it to him. Despite his attitude I then attempted to debate the merits of the very slight differences between our teams. He came back twice with argumentative comments so rather than get dragged in to an argument I put him on ignore. Surely this is the least disruptive way to deal with posters like this!

This all originated in the first place from these two posters attempting to push people into posting their previous scores so they could validate their opinions. I won't be derailing any threads, if these two do it again I recommend sticking them on ignore.

It was a lot worse last season so rather than get dragged into arguments this time around I'm just sticking them on ignore. It's generally the ones that take it a bit more seriously that feel the need to argue. I can do without their advice...

S.M.B made a smart comment earlier (which I ignored) about wanting to see my team so I showed it to him. Despite his attitude I then attempted to debate the merits of the very slight differences between our teams. He came back twice with argumentative comments so rather than get dragged in to an argument I put him on ignore. Surely this is the least disruptive way to deal with posters like this!

This all originated in the first place from these two posters attempting to push people into posting their previous scores so they could validate their opinions. I won't be derailing any threads, if these two do it again I recommend sticking them on ignore.

I must of missed what part of avoiding arguments and derailing topics this post was then....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81304197&postcount=7

Anyway, GW8 is over. I'd suggest this topic is locked. I'm happy to be on ignore if I'm left out of further arguments which don't involve me.

Good riddance gameweek 8 thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Here, whatever happened to that Carlcon lad, he'd get in on a bit of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

I must of missed what part of avoiding arguments and derailing topics this post was then....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81304197&postcount=7

Anyway, GW8 is over. I'd suggest this topic is locked. I'm happy to be on ignore if I'm left out of further arguments which don't involve me.

I really didn't get the point of Rory's comment in the thread linked above.

The odd time I actually go to the bother of writing out a long post and a stupid comment is then made.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Here, whatever happened to that Carlcon lad, he'd get in on a bit of this

He said he wasn't taking the game too seriously this season but he has still been steadily climbing his way up the boards.ie FSA league! He was below me at one point but after that weekend i've dropped to 170 and hes about 120ish! :rolleyes:
    Really need to start getting my captain choices right, its killing my score every week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm closing the thread now, there's been enough said about this gameweek already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement