Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID double the difference rule chage?.

Options
  • 20-10-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Years ago i got €100 cash off a tv because i spotted same model elswhere €50 cheaper. Great!.

New it seems the double the difference isnt off the cash price but in the form of a store voucher. Yesterday i went in to DID to get €60 double the difference from something i seen in Currys €30 cheaper. Had it all printed out on a sheet and the clerk went off to verify it online and with his manager.
    He comes back and said we can give you the tv for the same price as Currys and within a week if you see something cheaper come back with the reciept and you will get a store voucher for double the difference. I was confused and went through it with him a few times but general confusion and a slight language barrier meant i understood it that i can come back within a week and get the €60 voucher as long as prices stay the same.
    Now im thinking will the double the difference be based on what actually bought the tv for(currys price match) or DID's store price?.

To summarise
    DID store price €750
    Currys store price €720

DID matched €720 and offered double the difference within 7 days.

So will the double the difference voucher be based on the two store prices(750 & 720)
    or double the difference i find on anyting cheaper than €720 within 7 days?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Years ago i got €100 cash off a tv because i spotted same model elswhere €50 cheaper. Great!.

New it seems the double the difference isnt off the cash price but in the form of a store voucher. Yesterday i went in to DID to get €60 double the difference from something i seen in Currys €30 cheaper. Had it all printed out on a sheet and the clerk went off to verify it online and with his manager.
    He comes back and said we can give you the tv for the same price as Currys and within a week if you see something cheaper come back with the reciept and you will get a store voucher for double the difference. I was confused and went through it with him a few times but general confusion and a slight language barrier meant i understood it that i can come back within a week and get the €60 voucher as long as prices stay the same.
    Now im thinking will the double the difference be based on what actually bought the tv for(currys price match) or DID's store price?.

To summarise
    DID store price €750
    Currys store price €720

DID matched €720 and offered double the difference within 7 days.

So will the double the difference voucher be based on the two store prices(750 & 720)
    or double the difference i find on anyting cheaper than €720 within 7 days?.
    What the shop guy told you was they were dropping the price of their tv to match currys so you would then not be entitled to the double the difference on that, but if you saw the same tv cheaper somewhere else within a week after purchase you can go back in and they would give you double the difference in vouchers based on the price you paid.

So DID will sell you the tv for €720

If you find one cheaper within a week they will double the difference against the €720 price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks for clearing that up foggy_lad. They have certainly watered the policy down anyway!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if I understand it correctly, if you paid the €750 and said nothing, then come back within the 7 days quoting the Currys price you'd be entitled to €60 of vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thought about that but your still outlaying more cash and what do you really need with the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

double the difference always applied only if you had already purchased the item from DID and only after purchasing it, you found it cheaper in another store (within a certain distance I think). Never had it applied prior to purchase.

• Advertisement
Advertisement