Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free From 3 / Prices in Waterford

Options
  • 20-10-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey all,

Yesterday was the first 'Free From 3' Friday:

The Good:
    - I hadn't realised about the Free From 3 offer and went to park in Millar's Marsh around 2pm. When I went to get a ticket, the machine allowed me to put in money (something like €1:30) that would bring me up to 3pm, but would *not* allow me to put in anything above or beyond! I thought this was brilliant, because people might feed coins into the meter, then realise they didn't need to because after 3pm was free.

Also, parking in Millar's Marsh was dead handy for exploring town and there were tons of spaces.

- Although this isn't the weekend for the discounted entry to the museums, the staff there offered discounts when we went to take a tour. I think this was just a random thing and not official, but it was great to get any discount at all. I think we saved around €10 on entry alone?

The Bad:
    - The food in Bishop's Palace seems stupidly expensive! A club sandwich and a 'burger' (blaa w/ burger and cheese, no onion/relish/lettuce or even ketchup!) came to €23! And that's without any tea/coffee, only drinking water! I couldn't believe it.

- €7.60 at Costa Coffee for a regular cappuccino and mocha - I can't even! :mad:

Bit of a mixed bucket! Won't be back at Bishop's Palace or Costa again. Reading more about Free From 3, one of the better offers is 20% off full price items in Evans - nice! More -> http://www.waterfordchamber.com/index.php/about-waterford/1427-free-from-3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Good report there. Great to see the places that enter into the spirit of the thing rewarded and those that treat it as a further opportunity to rob locals being named so we can avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Great ideas. In Dun Laoghaire the Council allow 15 minutes grace before and after your ticket commences. They should do it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

As parking was free after 3pm yesterday I went shopping and bumped into others who were making the most of the free parking. It was great being able to shop without watching the time to be back to the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chewy Blaa

Good idea that!

€23 for a bit of food is scandalous. You can get a 3 course dinner in some restaurants around the city for less than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Chewy Blaa wrote: »
    Good idea that!

€23 for a bit of food is scandalous. You can get a 3 course dinner in some restaurants around the city for less than that.

Early bird in McLeary's is only €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

7upfree wrote: »
    Early bird in McLeary's is only €20.

Only 9.99 here http://www.kashmirtandooriwaterford.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zzdp

south wrote: »

great place and great staff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

ShopLocal.jpg

Advertisement