Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business name

Options
  • 20-10-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi guys can someone tell me if i can name my business a certain name if it already exists in the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi bizzyb

quick answer is yes you can register a business name in Ireland thats the same name as a business name in the Uk. Do a search on the CRO website to see are there any other businesses trading in Ireland using the same name as two business can have the same registered business name.

But before you register a business name I would check that the domain name you are looking for is available as the business in the uk can register a .ie domain name once it meets certain conditions.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

capefear wrote: »
    Hi bizzyb

quick answer is yes you can register a business name in Ireland thats the same name as a business name in the Uk. Do a search on the CRO website to see are there any other businesses trading in Ireland using the same name as two business can have the same registered business name.

But before you register a business name I would check that the domain name you are looking for is available as the business in the uk can register a .ie domain name once it meets certain conditions.

HTH

I'm in this same situation at the moment. Can someone confirm the answer above is true?

I thought of a business name but found very small limited company in the UK using the name (just with a "The" in the front). They're in a completely unrelated field to mine and I do have the .com purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Yes it's accurate information

Advertisement