Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reserve a book online

Options
  • 20-10-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

On some of the books there is an option to request it however on others there is not, can I do so online or do I have to contact the help desk myself ?

Also, A book I needed was available but on the shelves only older editions were there, as the older editions and the newer ones had the same 'key', am I looking for them wrong or does this often happen ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Think the request tag is only there for books that are still out. You can't request books that aren't out - you have to go get them.
    If you know the name of the book and do a search on it, the year should be listed on the left under the book icon. They do keep the save reference number. Also, just because you know there is a newer edition, doesn't mean UCD have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The reserve book option is favourable if not flawed. Went to reserve a book on Friday, only to discover that despite offering more than one copy of the book, you were automatically reserved for the first option, resulting in 5 people being put on the reservation list for one copy, when another copy had no reservations at all.

Advertisement