Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Milk Oreo

Options
  • 20-10-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

15585.png

Anybody find one of these in stores yet? I believe you can get them in some Dunnes Stores, but haven't been able to spot them anywhere else.

I'm hoping stores just haven't received their shipment yet, rather than refusing to stock them.

Apparently they taste amazing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Saw them in dunnes donaghmede a few days ago. On a diet so didnt buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye saw them in two different Dunnes' - on special they were so that could be why they sold/are selling quick. Haven't bought one, wasn't overly interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Looks like I am going to have to head to Dunnes so, none of the local shops, Tesco or Super Valu have them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was looking for em in the 2 Dunnes near me, no sign of em :(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Oooohhhhhh, they look well tasty. I had the chocolate covered Oreos a while ago and they were lovely, so reckon that bar would be the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Milka do the same and it's absolutely sublime. They are both owned by Kraft now so I imagine the Cadbury one is just as good.

I saw in the Dunnes magazine they are on special, €1.10 a bar (half price).

Word of warning Benzino... if your local Dunnes is the same as mine and I get there first... there may not be too many left for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

oh my :eek: , anyone spotted these anywhere in Cork?

Ki ki wrote: »
    Milka do the same and it's absolutely sublime. They are both owned by Kraft now so I imagine the Cadbury one is just as good.

I saw in the Dunnes magazine they are on special, €1.10 a bar (half price).

Word of warning Benzino... if your local Dunnes is the same as mine and I get there first... there may not be too many left for you :p

The local Dunnes haven't received any yet :( The search goes on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Picked up one doing the shopping last thursday in dunnes in wexford. Sitting out in the cupboard.. waiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

Dunnes in Blackpool cork have them, not on the chocolate isle but near on a stand of their own, lots gone but loads left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

BArra wrote: »
    oh my :eek: , anyone spotted these anywhere in Cork?
    The Dunnes on the bandon rd roundabout has them , on offer too. :D

Ok to weigh in a bit of a review.

Nice bar, good amount of the oreo cream filling , nice cookie bits in the cream, nice little addition to the range.

However i do think the version Milka make is much nicer as the milka chocolate goes better with it than the cadburys chocolate.

Still a nice addition to the range, it will do if milka cant sell their version here.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Was up in Cornelscourt and decided to treat myself.

Couldn't find them anywhere so asked one of the checkout girls if they were in stock. She told me they only got them in today and walked me to the display.

Got to the shelf and the cupboard was bare :eek::eek::eek:
    Not surprising though, the Dairy Milk Turkish Delight was untouched.

Went home treatless :(

Next time Dairy Milk Oreo... next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saw them in Dunnes in Blanch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Benzino wrote: »
    The local Dunnes haven't received any yet :( The search goes on...

May I be the first to say... NYOMNYOMNYOM!!!
    It's good; but I think the milka version is just that bit better.
    The dairy milk choc makes it a bit too sweet. Milka seems creamier or something.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    May I be the first to say... NYOMNYOMNYOM!!!
    It's good; but I think the milka version is just that bit better.
    The dairy milk choc makes it a bit too sweet. Milka seems creamier or something.
    Exactly what i said in my review earlier.

The milka just goes nicer with the oreo flavours.
    The cadbury is overpowered by by the oreo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Exactly what i said in my review earlier.

The milka just goes nicer with the oreo flavours.
    The cadbury is overpowered by by the oreo.

Oops, sorry - I must have missed your post!:o
    Yeah, exact same alright.
    I guess dairy milk is just better on its own.
    I need to find an excuse to go abroad to stock back up on Milka!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Managed to find some in Dunnes today, they are nice, not astounding. Biscuit pieces feel a bit off, too crunchy and muks up the general texture of the bar for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I won't try it. I never understood the big deal with Oreo's. They taste like Bourbon Creams; what's nice about them?

Finally got em. Really enjoyed it, very tasty. I wasn't aware there was a milka version though, so now I must go and hunt that down :D

Benzino wrote: »
    Finally got em. Really enjoyed it, very tasty. I wasn't aware there was a milka version though, so now I must go and hunt that down :D
    You will have trouble , i think im correct in saying most people have only sampled it on the continent, it was in spain i had it .

• Advertisement

Yeah, I never really see Milka around in shops much :(

Spar at the Jervis Luas stop had lots of the Dairy Milk Oreo, and also Dairy Milk Bubbly which I haven't tried. Hopefully they will be more widespread now and not just in dunnes, although they were cheaper in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

tasted this yesterday. Oreos are my fav biscuit. Love choloclate!!! Love the combination.
    Have tasted the other new combinations. Not really up to scratch but the Dairy Milk Oreos is great.
    My sister works for Cadburys and cant believe she didn't tell me about this as its been in the shops for a few now. Hopefully she'll be bringing home a few bars of these for x-mas

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Tried (ie devoured) it the other day and really liked it, would definitely buy again.
    Haven't tried the Milka version but I much prefer Cadburys chocolate to Milka so think I'll stick with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

REFRIGERATE THIS BAR---> EAT

I'm not one of those people who insists on doing this with every bar, but it improves this one no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Tried this today. It's nice enough but not something that I'd choose over other bars.

I much rather the new Dairy Milk Toffee Popcorn bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tried it today as well (not suppose to eat it because of the wheat but had to try it).

Thought it was really good. If it didn't have wheat in it I'd defo buy it again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just found this in the UK today. I don't know if I like it or not. It's a bit sickly, I think.

Advertisement