Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slit Core current transformer

Options
  • 20-10-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of an irish supplier where i could get "small" split core current transformers, suitable for 50Hz mains power.

Something like these:-
    http://www.crmagnetics.com/Products/CR3100-Series-P75.aspx

RS/Farrnell do have some current transformers, but very few are split cores and many of them are designed for HF applications.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

What specification do you need? I have energy monitors which use these and have a contact that actually specializes in CT stuff but they will want to know the current range and output voltage?
    Also what size cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I only need to measure 1A, but the likes of a 30A or 50A one would do. Yea it's basically similar to what's supplied on many home energy monitors.

I'm looking to buy about 10 or 12 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Give Dave Harrington a call. Dhmeters.com. have you meters installed? Do they take convetional CT'S or are they using 0-5v signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Digikey have that item
    http://www.digikey.ie/search/en?keywords=Cr+3100&refPId=3
    Would love to know what you go for in the end

I ordered some from spark fun today. Slightly cheaper than digi key.

I did find the supplier of the sparkfun one, and they would supply for $5 each in low volume. I'm really surprised RS don't have one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Can I ask how much postage was for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What size did you end up getting? The accuracy of the 40A+ at 1A wouldn't be great.

I ordered the 30A ones, it's only for lab education use, so will work fine for that.

I tried the cr magnetics one with a national instruments daq and found it very accurate. The voltage waveform was spot on.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

I use them in work 40-600A I can find out the supplier for you if you haven't come across them yet.

Advertisement