Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traditional music in cork

Options
  • 20-10-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi, i've got some foreign visitors over in a few weeks and i'm looking to bring them to someplace where there is traditional music in town on a thursday night. anyone know of any pub where i could bring them??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 petestan

Mother Reilly's in Rathmines. Great music and a great pub. Trad music every Monday (band) and Thursday (session) from about 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

petestan wrote: »
    Mother Reilly's in Rathmines. Great music and a great pub. Trad music every Monday (band) and Thursday (session) from about 9.30.

Taxi Fare might be a bit extreme; 300 mile round trip and all

But Keep an eye out on the PROC event guide (seems to be down at the min)

But the usual places to head to include:

Sin é on Coburg Street, a great spot, good and cosy
    An Spailpin Fanach across from the old Beamish Brewery

They're the first two that come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 16 petestan

Goodnes, look at that. I didn't see a city mentioned and my mind defaulted to Dublin.

At least you know where to recommend if your visitors are coming to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Oliver Plunkett.
    Sin e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks for the suggestions everyone! had a look on the PROC event guide and looks like clancys have a trad session on that night so might go with that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The corner house have a weekly trad session.
    They are opposite the comedy club.

Advertisement