Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers

• 20-10-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking tonight I might do Fellaini+Larrson out for Mata+Morrison for a 4 point hit.

Reckon its worth it? I've been meaning to get rid of Larrson for quite a while but had other transfers to make.

Mata is due to go up in price tonight

Edit: Thinking about it I might go for Sterling instead of Morrison

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Might do Hazard to Mata in order to improve on other areas. It'd mean I'd be able to get Ivanovic in for Cuellar/Hughes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just did a Hazard to Mata swoop and looking at getting rid of Kagawa at some point tonight for a -4 point hit.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Kagawa to Nolan done, 1 free transfer left. Want to do Lambert to Rooney but just short of bank at the moment. Other possibility is Rooney for Ba. What position was Rooney taking up today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Just did a Hazard to Mata swoop and looking at getting rid of Kagawa at some point tonight for a -4 point hit.

That was a silly move,Hazard to Mata then taking a hit for a player not in the first 11,stupid transfer imo..
    You would have been best served selling Kagawa

Looking at selling either Michu or Hazard this week,bloody unsure which one to sell....
    Or should i move any of them?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at selling either Michu or Hazard this week,bloody unsure which one to sell....
    Or should i move any of them?????
    Why would you sell Michu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Thinking of selling Yaya, hasn't done much in the past few weeks, might go with Nolan.
    Have Pienaar, Cazorla, Mata and Kacaniklic with 10.1 million to spend, not really a fan of Bale either.

Or maybe Jenkinson to Baines? Have enough to do it without a points hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Why would you sell Michu?

Run of tough fixtures. But his goals in the last 2 gameweeks will probably cause some headaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Decisions decisions. Have 5.5 to spend on a midfielder and am torn between Kightly (Stoke have nice fixtures) and Sterling + spare cash for a rainy gameweek (Liverpool dont really have great fixtures but he's cheap and plays).
    Anyone argue a case one way or the other?

Run of tough fixtures. But his goals in the last 2 gameweeks will probably cause some headaches.
    I just checked there and realised the Man City game and start of their tough fixtures is next gameweek and not 2 gameweeks away like i had thought.

Where was he actually playing today, was he playing as a striker since Danny Graham did not start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

So........ Mata has to be brought in?

He has been a part of 7 of Chelsea's last 9 goals. That's is pretty damn good.

FatRat wrote: »
    So........ Mata has to be brought in?

He has been a part of 7 of Chelsea's last 9 goals. That's is pretty damn good.

Indeed but to do a swap for Hazard?seems silly to me but Utds leaky defence are next up,Which of the two will prosper?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Really have to ship out either Podolski or Zabaleta, Arsenal home to QPR next week swaying me towards getting rid of Zab. 0.8m in the bank so might get Vertonghen in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

That was a silly move,Hazard to Mata then taking a hit for a player not in the first 11,stupid transfer imo..
    You would have been best served selling Kagawa
    Yes thanks for pointing that out.. I now look like a complete eejit by doing that. I usually don't think before I change something so this comment will be remembered when I make any wildcard moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Indeed but to do a swap for Hazard?seems silly to me but Utds leaky defence are next up,Which of the two will prosper?

I don't have any Chelsea cover so I need him. I can do a straight swap for Gervinho but QPR at home next week is very tasty for Gervinho. The thing is I want to transfer out Michu, but transferring him out give me 8.8 which is .1 off getting Mata straight in for him :(

I might get rid of Williams for someone slightly chepear so I can do Michu>Mata. 4-point hit, I never like taking them and try my best not to but I think I'll make it up since I have to play Williams next week and he'll probably get minus points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hazard to Mata + 1.2 million in the bank as part of a free double transfer is tempting me.

Going to see first if there's an obvious place to invest that money made though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep, Hazard to Mata seems the right move at the moment. He'll probably go up 0.3 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Kacaniklic for Nolan and Gibbs for Jenkinson/McAuley.... Any thoughts? would be taking a 4 point hit..

I was thinking about bringing in Nolan for Michu. Michu has tough fixtures coming up and their is going to be a Nolan bandwagon after today with him going up in price tonight and definetly .2 or maybe the max .3 by the start of the next gameweek.

I then had a look at Nolan's fixtures, after the Wigan game nextweek he has the following in the next 10 fixtures:

Man City
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Spurs
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    West Brom
    Everton
    Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

I was thinking about bringing in Nolan for Michu. Michu has tough fixtures coming up and their is going to be a Nolan bandwagon after today with him going up in price tonight and definetly .2 or maybe the max .3 by the start of the next gameweek.

I then had a look at Nolan's fixtures, after the Wigan game nextweek he has the following in the next 10 fixtures:

Man City
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Spurs
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    West Brom
    Everton
    Arsenal

Jesus them next 10 fixtures are very difficult your right, I wonder would James Morrison be worth a gamble?

• Advertisement

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Jesus them next 10 fixtures are very difficult your right, I wonder would James Morrison be worth a gamble?
    I would not feel happy bringing Morrison in to my team. Maybe its because i dont know much about him or something. Where does he actually play in the West Brom midfield does anyone know? Is he on set-pieces or anything?

Looking at his stats from this season so far i see he was taken off in 3 games so far, 2 of which were in the 64th and 71st minute, his high scoring week of 12 came against QPR who are bottom of the league.

I've two free transfers, so Im bringing in Mata for Hazard and using the money i save there to upgrade Michu to Bale. Although I am also considering keeping Michu and upgrading McAuley to Ivanovic instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I've two free transfers, so Im bringing in Mata for Hazard and using the money i save there to upgrade Michu to Bale. Although I am also considering keeping Michu and upgrading McAuley to Ivanovic instead.

What makes you favor Ivanovic?
    He's up against RVP and Rooney next. I'd favor Baines.

Man City
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Spurs
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    West Brom
    Everton
    Arsenal

Nolan OUT!

Michu out Walters in,thanks for the profit son!!

Going to sit on the Hazard to Mata swap for a hit,would only really be doing to not get left behind as i am happyish with Hazard tbh,Mata's form will go eventually soon,i hope!

Michu out Walters in,thanks for the profit son!!

Going to sit on the Hazard to Mata swap for a hit,would only really be doing to not get left behind as i am happyish with Hazard tbh,Mata's form will go eventually soon,i hope!

Mata's form will go? Hope you're within your senses. He's got a more-than-decent 162 last year. It'll only get better this year. He's becoming more instrumental in Chelsea's attack as the days pass by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Mata's form will go? Hope you're within your senses. He's got a more-than-decent 162 last year. It'll only get better this year. He's becoming more instrumental in Chelsea's attack as the days pass by!

Might do something radical and get them both for Carzola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I thought the but Arsenals fixtures look a lot nicer.

Ace0x9 wrote: »

Trying to bully me into a 4 point hit???:D
    This is why i did my free so early so i would not take another hit,Michu transfer was more important this week imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Decisions decisions. Have 5.5 to spend on a midfielder and am torn between Kightly (Stoke have nice fixtures) and Sterling + spare cash for a rainy gameweek (Liverpool dont really have great fixtures but he's cheap and plays).
    Anyone argue a case one way or the other?

Went with Kightly in the end. Also got Mata for Sahin as his price was going up last night. That leaves me with both Mata and Hazard.

Jussi/Begovic

Rafael, Baines, McAuley, Mertesacker, Clyne

Hazard, Mata, Cazorla, Nolan, Kightly

Aguero, Ba, Fletcher

Advertisement