Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone opting for Bale? Spurs have Southampton next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lemlin wrote: »

and Wigan the following week! Still wont be getting him though. Everytime I do, he does nothing till I get rid again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Need a good game from Baines today, and some goals from Fletcher and Ba would be welcomed. Alternatively, if one of them could get injured in the warm up that would be great as I have Sterling just waiting to get involved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've already done the Hazard to Mata downgrade and will keep my second free transfer towards the end of the week to see how likely Clark and Fellaini are of playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I've already done the Hazard to Mata downgrade and will keep my second free transfer towards the end of the week to see how likely Clark and Fellaini are of playing.

Upgrade Clark to Riise. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

and Wigan the following week! Still wont be getting him though. Everytime I do, he does nothing till I get rid again.

Bale is a volcano waiting to erupt.

Yep, doing Michu to Bale.

And footballers always seem to score after their partners have a child :)

Yep, doing Michu to Bale.

And footballers always seem to score after their partners have a child :)

That's it. Final then. Gareth Bale -> Gameweek 9 Captain!

roryc wrote: »
    Upgrade Clark to Riise. Simple.
    I'm not overly enthused with Fulhams upcoming fixture so will avoid having both riise and berbatov in my team for now.

I'm not overly enthused with Fulhams upcoming fixture so will avoid having both riise and berbatov in my team for now.

How times have changed re Berbatov!

• Advertisement

Ace0x9 wrote: »

Bale is a volcano waiting to erupt.

I thought that volcano had erupted nine months ago :D

How times have changed re Berbatov!
    Can't predict injuries. I'm still considering keeping him for the entire season though. When you getting rid of Fletcher (he's going to bang a few in now after that comment)?

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Kagawa to Nolan.
    Lambert to Rooney.
    Mignolet to McCarthy.

Carried two free transfers so took a 4 point hit. Had a choice of Mignolet to McCarthy or Gervinho to Morrison/Walters.

I want Arsenal cover and Gervinho is playing right wing of the front three and I got him for 7.3 million as a midfielder. I don't believe Walters or Morrison will outscore him over the next 5 games and I'm happy to leave Begovic in goals for the majority of the gameweeks with McCarthy sitting pretty on the bench.

Leaves me

Begovic/Mignolet

Baines/Jenkinson/Rafael/Clark/Clyne

Mata/Bale/Gervinho/Nolan/Sterling

Ba/Torres/Rooney.

Next week I'll bring McCartney in for Clyne and try and keep the team stable for a couple of weeks.

Can't predict injuries. I'm still considering keeping him for the entire season though. When you getting rid of Fletcher (he's going to bang a few in now after that comment)?

I'll be hanging onto Fletch for now. I'll be ridding myself of Michu this week.

Ares wrote: »
    Kagawa to Nolan.
    Lambert to Rooney.
    Mignolet to McCarthy.

Carried two free transfers so took a 4 point hit. Had a choice of Mignolet to McCarthy or Gervinho to Morrison/Walters.

I want Arsenal cover and Gervinho is playing right wing of the front three and I got him for 7.3 million as a midfielder. I don't believe Walters or Morrison will outscore him over the next 5 games and I'm happy to leave Begovic in goals for the majority of the gameweeks with McCarthy sitting pretty on the bench.

Leaves me

Begovic/Mignolet

Ba/Torres/Rooney.

Next week I'll bring McCartney in for Clyne and try and keep the team stable for a couple of weeks.

The time to get in McCartney is right now. At 3.9, he's extremely inexpensive. Waiting a week could mean missing out on that all price difference. I swapped him in for Demel. Saved me 0.2mil.

I'll be hanging onto Fletch for now. I'll be ridding myself of Michu this week.
    You're sticking with your plan then? Who you bringing in for him? Bale?

I'm going to see how he gets on against the big boys first before I make any rash decision.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

The time to get in McCartney is right now. At 3.9, he's extremely inexpensive. Waiting a week could mean missing out on that all price difference. I swapped him in for Demel. Saved me 0.2mil.

Not a hope. I'm not taking a 4 point hit for someone who's gonna be sitting pretty on my bench this week anyway. Clyne isn't going to go down in price and if McCartney does go up, which I don't believe he will, I'll have enough to sell Clyne and get in McCartney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did what i'm sure many did, and brought in Mata yesterday. Yaya out. After a flying start, his returns have been very poor

Team now:

Jussi Mignolet
    Baines Cuellar Rafael Gibbs Figueroa
    Sterling Mi-chu-chu Pienaar Cazorla Mata
    RVP Ba Fletcher

Still feel my team needs improving, but it's very hard knowing what players to get, very few players are standing out in their respective positions, although Mata at the moment is a no-brainer, just sorry i didn't get him in a few weeks ago when i'd mulled over doing so for a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

manual_man wrote: »
    Yaya out. After a flying start, his returns have been very poor

might be a bit early considering they have swansea and west ham next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

might be a bit early considering they have swansea and west ham next.

He just hasn't really looked like doing anything though. Looks a bit worn out, not surprised as he's played so many games. Bit concerned to have no City attacking coverage at all, though rotation is a worry, even for players like Aguero/Tevez that you think should be starting every game. Another big Champs. League game midweek. Must win by all accounts for City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

He just hasn't really looked like doing anything though. Looks a bit worn out, not surprised as he's played so many games. Bit concerned to have no City attacking coverage at all, though rotation is a worry, even for players like Aguero/Tevez that you think should be starting every game. Another big Champs. League game midweek. Must win by all accounts for City

I have to get rid of Yaya too. I'm considering switching to Nasri. I know that seems a bit random, but I can see him getting some game time. Might be a good differential.

You're sticking with your plan then? Who you bringing in for him? Bale?

I'm going to see how he gets on against the big boys first before I make any rash decision.

More than likely Bale. Mata is in my thinking though and Defoe too.

The only reason Defoe isn't in is Arsenal have 3 home games in their next four so Giroud could come good.

Pienaar could now go instead of Michu. Will mil it all over tomorrow in work when I'm on paid time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone getting Vertongen in

Not a hope. I'm not taking a 4 point hit for someone who's gonna be sitting pretty on my bench this week anyway. Clyne isn't going to go down in price and if McCartney does go up, which I don't believe he will, I'll have enough to sell Clyne and get in McCartney.

Ah, point hits. Yeah, I get your point (of view).
    It seemed a straightforward swap for me. That's the only change I made.

Did what i'm sure many did, and brought in Mata yesterday. Yaya out. After a flying start, his returns have been very poor

Team now:

Jussi Mignolet
    Baines Cuellar Rafael Gibbs Figueroa
    Sterling Mi-chu-chu Pienaar Cazorla Mata
    RVP Ba Fletcher

Still feel my team needs improving, but it's very hard knowing what players to get, very few players are standing out in their respective positions, although Mata at the moment is a no-brainer, just sorry i didn't get him in a few weeks ago when i'd mulled over doing so for a hit

Fletcher out IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

2 free transfers this week.
    Those on the out list are:
    Pienaar, Hazard, Jenkinson, Fletcher
    Not sure what to do. I'm afraid of getting rid of Hazard. Mata in great form but Hazard is getting a fair few assists. I want Bale so might sell Fletcher and Pienaar and get in some cheap bench striker. Giroud is also an option up front but that would rule out Bale. Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fletcher to Defoe?? A couple of decent fixtures ahead for Defoe plus Sunderland look utterly toothless & Fletcher has to feed of scraps for most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

zerks wrote: »
    Fletcher to Defoe?? A couple of decent fixtures ahead for Defoe plus Sunderland look utterly toothless & Fletcher has to feed of scraps for most of the time.
    Sounds like a good idea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Everyone doing Hazard for Mata it seems
    I can't though, I'd have to take a 4 point hit and I don't think it would pay off

Knowing my luck so far, after writing this Mata will probably destroy Evra and score 3 goals at United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Kagawa to Nolan.
    Lambert to Rooney.
    Mignolet to McCarthy.

Leaves me

Begovic/Mignolet

Ba/Torres/Rooney.

Did ye have a look at West Hams 10 fixtures after Wigan nextweek?

Advertisement