Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Steel Dog wrote: »

Did ye have a look at West Hams 10 fixtures after Wigan nextweek?

Yep. He's my 5th defender though. I needed a cheaper option than Demel who would guarantee a start. McCartney at 3.9 seemed like the perfect fit. I know you don't see the logic in this but I'm holding onto my WHU players for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Did Hazard to Mata. I would have kept the faith in Hazard but the money to improve other areas was too tempting. Have one FT left, not sure if I'll use it this week or next week.

Long-term I'm thinking about replacing Tevez with Fletcher, but their respective fixtures this GW is putting me off. I think I'll wait and see what Mancini does in the CL midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Yep. He's my 5th defender though. I needed a cheaper option than Demel who would guarantee a start. McCartney at 3.9 seemed like the perfect fit. I know you don't see the logic in this but I'm holding onto my WHU players for a reason.

Nelsen is €3.9 and QPR have much better fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just looking at Stokes fixture list for the next 7-8 weeks, seems to be pretty cushty. Thinking of bringing in Crouch up front. Cant be any worse than Danny Graham :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Slipping behind in my private league and some changes definitely need to be made. I'm looking at taking a points hit and maybe making 4, even 5 changes. This is probably excessive so talk me out of it.

I have 2 free transfers, .9 in the bank and the team below.

225405.PNG

I want to get rid of Fellaini (has been a disastrous signing and is now injured) and Yaya first and foremost. Fletcher is another who I want to get rid of.

I may need to make money by chopping Michu, Suarez, Baines or Gibbs.

I want to bring in Bale and Mata if possible, while Crouch could be a good option too.

What should I do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

since you don't have Hazard, Mata is a no-brainer.

i wouldn't lose faith in Fletcher too quickly.

Suarez is just too much money for someone who wastes the chances he does, in a team not firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

Morzadec wrote: »
    Slipping behind in my private league and some changes definitely need to be made. I'm looking at taking a points hit and maybe making 4, even 5 changes. This is probably excessive so talk me out of it.

225405.PNG

I want to get rid of Fellaini (has been a disastrous signing and is now injured) and Yaya first and foremost. Fletcher is another who I want to get rid of.

I want to bring in Bale and Mata if possible, while Crouch could be a good option too.

What should I do?

1.Yaya to Mata.

2.Then to get Bale in, you could sell Gibbs, Ben Arfa and Fellaini for a 4-4.5 defender and 6.2+ midfielder such as larsson, mclean or walters. Both Stoke and Sunderland have decent fixtures coming up.

No need to make all the transfers this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have had to change my plans. Original plan was Michu out for Bale. Pienaar's sending off has now forced me to ship him out for Bale.

Michu has earned a reprieve because he's now starting as a striker so hopefully it'll continue.

Pienaar may also fall in price so didn't want to take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Morzadec wrote: »

225405.PNG

What should I do?
    Dont go taking stupid points hits anyway as that is not a bad team.

Yaya to Mata (Do it before tonight, as Mata is going up again tonight)
    Fellaini to Walters

These two transfers for this week anyway. I would be looking at getting rid of Suarez before Fletcher if i was you, but that can wait until next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Looking to do Fletcher and Pienaar out for Bale and Long in.
    How does that sound?
    Rooney and Ba are my other strikers.
    Michu, Hazard, Santi and Sterling are my other midfielders.
    Defenders are Baines, Clyne, Jenkinson, McAuley and Rafael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

need a bit of advise here lads, not suer what changes to make..

jussi,bega..

gibbs,demel,clarke(all injury doubts)ridgewell,hughes

santi,hazard,sterling,michu,pienaar(suspended)

jelavic,RVP,lambert

currently have 1,9 in the bank..

should i benech pienaar and bring in a defender ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

How many FT do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

just the 1

Anyone would tell me, why people are investing in Michu (3k for today)
    next 6 fix: mci CHE sot new LIV WBA ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he's scored 2 in the last 2 - he'll be a bandwagon magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A variety of reasons I'd say:

1. Some people don't check the fixtures ahead.
    2. He could be a cheap midfielder starting as a striker week-in, week out now.
    3. Very few teams are keeping clean sheets this year. City let in two against Southampton for example. Chelsea conceded twice against Reading.
    4. He has a good points total so far.
    5. His record in La Liga last year: 17 goals.

Eldoco wrote: »
    need a bit of advise here lads, not suer what changes to make..

jussi,bega..

gibbs,demel,clarke(all injury doubts)ridgewell,hughes

santi,hazard,sterling,michu,pienaar(suspended)

jelavic,RVP,lambert

currently have 1,9 in the bank..

should i benech pienaar and bring in a defender ?

Just my opinion:

I would play WC:

gibbs,demel,clarke(all injury doubts), pienaar(suspended), Michu -tough fixtures, RVP, Santi, Hazard to Rooney, Gervino, Mata
    Free cash to use for defense, Goalies are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Just my opinion:

I would play WC:

gibbs,demel,clarke(all injury doubts), pienaar(suspended), Michu -tough fixtures, RVP, Santi, Hazard to Rooney, Gervino, Mata
    Free cash to use for defense, Goalies are fine.

Santi to Gervinho? Hazard to Mata? Where's the logic in that?

Santi > Gervinho.
    Mata might be in form but Hazard scores marginally lower than him. I dunno, it's your call for that one. I'd keep Hazard. RvP to Rooney should free up some cash that you could use elsewhere.

When I look at this: gibbs,demel,clarke(all injury doubts)ridgewell,hughes
    I can see just 1.5 good defender.
    There is plenty decent options between 5 and 6.
    Santi, RVP, Hazard-Mata, Gervinho,Rooney will give him 4.9 at the moment. You can do huge upgrade in defense with this.
    Personally got rid of Hazard for Mata 2 weeks ago, happy enough.

His choice anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Not usually one to take points hits or panic, but im kinda pee'd off with things at present. Have a reasonable team but my actual transfers/decisions are killing me:

Torres to Rooney week 2 (disaster)
    RVP (C) week 4 (disaster)
    Have bale week 1 to 3 (nada), drop for his high scores, now brought back in 2 weeks ago for 3 and 0.
    Similar story with Hazard in reverse
    Brought in Caz for Haz this week. Also captained Caz.

Amazingly I'm doing better than this stage last year but I amn't enjoying it half as much as the game seems to be taunting me.

So took an 8 point hit;

Brought in Bego, Nolan and Ben Arfa. Out go Pienaar, Michu and Green.

Bit stupid really but done in a fit of rage.

Team now

Foster/Bego

Hughes/Baines/Rafael/Demel/O shea

Barfa/Nolan/Caz/Bale/Guthrie

Fletcher/RVP/Jelavic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I for one kept Michu. If he is infact playing as a striker than that makes him well worth holding onto. He can score and score easily when given the chance. He's probably on Penalties with Graham out of the team (if he stays out) and none of the big teams are keeping CS's. Infact they are conceding a lot of goals. I'm happier to play him away to City than I would be playing him away to Stoke or West Brom. It's just people have this idea that players can't score against the big teams. Lambert proved at the start of the season that it's not true, he scored against both Manchester teams and I rate Michu more highly than Lambert.

I obviously thought of dropping him but dropped Gervinho instead. It is a bit of gamble for those getting him in but it could well pay off unless the big teams start tightening up in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Michu and Guthrie- out

Walters and Sterling in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

FatRat wrote: »
    I for one kept Michu. If he is infact playing as a striker than that makes him well worth holding onto. He can score and score easily when given the chance. He's probably on Penalties with Graham out of the team (if he stays out) and none of the big teams are keeping CS's. Infact they are conceding a lot of goals. I'm happier to play him away to City than I would be playing him away to Stoke or West Brom. It's just people have this idea that players can't score against the big teams. Lambert proved at the start of the season that it's not true, he scored against both Manchester teams and I rate Michu more highly than Lambert.

I obviously thought of dropping him but dropped Gervinho instead. It is a bit of gamble for those getting him in but it could well pay off unless the big teams start tightening up in defence.

Lambert may have scored against both Manchester teams but that doesn't change the fact that in general all players are statistically less likely to score against the big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Not usually one to take points hits or panic, but im kinda pee'd off with things at present. Have a reasonable team but my actual transfers/decisions are killing me:

Torres to Rooney week 2 (disaster)
    RVP (C) week 4 (disaster)
    Have bale week 1 to 3 (nada), drop for his high scores, now brought back in 2 weeks ago for 3 and 0.
    Similar story with Hazard in reverse
    Brought in Caz for Haz this week. Also captained Caz.

There's a lot of luck involved in this game. A mate of mine got third a few seasons back and 50,000th the following season. I did a quick check earlier and realised that my 4 biggest errors have cost me a LOT.

GW 1 - Picking Cole over Ivanovich and Mata over Hazard (which I had recommended on here but not followed my own advice). I changed both of these last minute and this cost me 30 points in GW1 alone.

GW 8 - Captaining Cazorla over RVP and benching Sterling.

Had I not made these late changes I'd be in the top 50 now, but that being said I've gotten some good luck too so can't complain. Michu has performed well, I seem to have gotten on the Hazard bandwagon before I fell too far behind and my wildcard worked out nicely.

There's a massive amount of luck to this game, but I still believe if you put enough time in a top 5,000 finish should be doable every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Yaya escapes the chopping block since I need to get Pieenar out, have 9.6 to spend. Any suggestions? Was thinking of switching him to Morrision (or Nolan but he has terrible fixtures coming up) or even Walters?

Any suggestions?

richieffff wrote: »
    Yaya escapes the chopping block since I need to get Pieenar out, have 9.6 to spend. Any suggestions? Was thinking of switching him to Morrision (or Nolan but he has terrible fixtures coming up) or even Walters?

Any suggestions?
    What is the rest of your team?

What is the rest of your team?

Sorry should have included that.

Begovic/Jaaskelaninen

Reid/Jenkinson/Gallas/Wilson/Cuellar

Yaya/Mata/Cazorla/Pienaar/Kacaniklic

RVP/Fletcher/Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Blatter wrote: »
    Lambert may have scored against both Manchester teams but that doesn't change the fact that in general all players are statistically less likely to score against the big teams.

But this year and at this present time goals conceded are:

Man Utd 11 - 2 CS's
    Man city 9 - 1 CS
    Spurs 12 - 1 CS
    Liverpool 12 - 2 CS's
    Newcastle 12 - 1 CS

Not exactly great defensive form from what is known as the tops teams. (Based on last year) In fairness Chelsea and Arsenal are doing well with only 6 goals conceded. Swansea's tough run consists of man city, CHELSEA, newcastle, LIVERPOOL with southampton (who have conceded 24 goals) between them. It's not as fearsome as most people think. I'd worry about having a Swansea defender but not a Swansea striker. Swansea have scored 14 goals so far this season, that's a lot. The average is only around 9/10.

richieffff wrote: »
    Sorry should have included that.

Begovic/Jaaskelaninen

Reid/Jenkinson/Gallas/Wilson/Cuellar

Yaya/Mata/Cazorla/Pienaar/Kacaniklic

RVP/Fletcher/Ba
    Dont know why you think you ''need'' to get rid of Pienaar. He is only going to miss one game and you would probably want him back in again as he has Reading and Norwich coming up soon enough.

If i was you i would be looking at changing Jenkinson, Yaya and Kacaniklic.

• Advertisement

Dont know why you think you ''need'' to get rid of Pienaar. He is only going to miss one game and you would probably want him back in again as he has Reading and Norwich coming up soon enough.

If i was you i would be looking at changing Jenkinson, Yaya and Kacaniklic.

I suppose it's a bit of a kneejerk reaction. I think Kacaniklic to Sterling might be the best option, even if Sanga is back soon.

Advertisement