Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did you mean 1.5 mil in the bank? The post says 15!

I wish, post edited, sorry it was a bit unlcear.

Zero in the bank.......

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

vanpersie+ dyer for torres and bale what ya think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

roryc wrote: »

I'm benching Rafael this week.

Yeah, just realized that this fixture's at the Bridge!

Baines, Wilson and McCartney then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

beaver111 wrote: »
    vanpersie+ dyer for torres and bale what ya think

who is in and who is out?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    who is in and who is out?

I think he meant RVP and Dyer out, Bale and Torres in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

rvp +dyer out torres and bale in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

beaver111 wrote: »
    rvp +dyer out torres and bale in ?
    Ya Torres and Bale would be the better combo in my opinion. Dyer will suffer from rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

See that may be over simplifying it.

Is dyer a bench warmer? If so RVP and a cheap lad on the bench (maybe not dyer but someone of similar value) may be better than Torres + Bale and someone else getting bumped onto your bench.

Would need to see the whole squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Anyone have an opinion on who my best bet for a midfielder to replace Pienaar with 6.7m in the kitty? .... I am currently thinking about either Lallana, Nolan, Morrison or Noble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Anyone have an opinion on who my best bet for a midfielder to replace Pienaar with 6.7m in the kitty? .... I am currently thinking about either Lallana, Nolan, Morrison or Noble.

Why not just keep Pienaar?

He's not playing against Liverpool but that will give him a weeks rest and his next three fixtures are Fulham (a), Sunderland (h) and Reading (a).

Unless you have a really crap bench, I'd be holding onto him.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Why not just keep Pienaar?.....Unless you have a really crap bench, I'd be holding onto him..

... the extent of my problems :rolleyes:

i35rbc.jpg

Your midfield looks shiny :pac:

*looks at Gervinho*... I take that back. Your defense looks like it could use a whitewash.

Morrison. Good run of fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Huth is my sneaky free transfer punt for this week. Due a goal

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Your midfield looks shiny :pac:

*looks at Gervinho*... I take that back. Your defense looks like it could use a whitewash.

:rolleyes: Ya I wanted to shift Gervinho on for the past 2 weeks but as you can see other problems are starting to mount up ... Gervinho seems to be the least of my problems.

My current plan is to bring in Morrison in Midfield and take a -4 bringing in Riise, play three in defence, hope Gibbs is fit for next week and Gervinho has the weekend of his life.... other then that the laptop might be heading out the window:o

i35rbc.jpg
    Why not just change Gibbs to someone with a nicer set of upcoming fixtures?

Clarke should be back allowing you to field a decent 4-3-3 team this weekend.

Actually gibbs could be back and you could just make no transfers.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why not just change Gibbs to someone with a nicer set of upcoming fixtures?

Clarke should be back allowing you to field a decent 4-3-3 team this weekend.

Would playing 4 at the back be a risky venture though? ... the amount of points I have got from defence is low because in the Premier League keeping most teams scoreless can be very hard.

Would playing 4 at the back be a risky venture though? ... the amount of points I have got from defence is low because in the Premier League keeping most teams scoreless can be very hard.

4-3-3 isn't very good in FPL terms. Always gives a low score.

3-4-3 or 3-5-2 IMO. This season, (as they say) all clubs are conceding goals at a steady rate. 4 at the back wouldn't be your best bet. Focus on the midfield and forwards as almost all defenses look unlikely for a CS.

P.S. Since you're considering Morrison, you could also consider Walters.

A 4 point hit just so can you can play 4-4-3 for one week is madness if you ask me! There's absolutely no need to get rid of Pienaar from that team just because he's banned for a single game. Look at shifting some of those injured/non starting players out over the next few weeks but 4 points hits will not move you up the leagues.

If injury news is in the posters favour

Shawcross-Gibbs-Rafael-Clark
    Gervinho-Bale-Mata
    Aguerro-Ba-Jelavic

is a decent line up to put out but he thinks his team is in a shambles and needs multiple transfers to fix it.

Terrible decision if you ask me.

Wait for injury news come Friday. Maybe make a double transfer if you're 100% not going to be able to field a team. If things are looking good, change one of the players that is a priority instead of chasing point by bringing in Morrison and Riise.

My 2 cents.

A 4 point hit just so can you can play 4-4-3 for one week is madness if you ask me! There's absolutely no need to get rid of Pienaar from that team just because he's banned for a single game. Look at shifting some of those injured/non starting players out over the next few weeks but 4 points hits will not move you up the leagues.

If injury news is in the posters favour

Shawcross-Gibbs-Rafael-Clark
    Gervinho-Bale-Mata
    Aguerro-Ba-Jelavic

Here's what I did, I got totally sick of it and had a rush of blood in the head... kind of regretting it now:rolleyes: Lallana for Kacaniklic and McAuley for Gibbs, keeping Pienaar..

2rw28er.jpg

• Advertisement

Here's what I did, I got totally sick of it and had a rush of blood in the head... kind of regretting it now:rolleyes: Lallana for Kacaniklic and McAuley for Gibbs, keeping Pienaar..
    Decent use of the free transfer. You should have waited for injury new re Gibbs and Clark before you made the second.

Both Gibbs and Clark could be playing at home to QPR or Norwich if either are fit. McAuley needs to score at least 4 points to make that transfer profitable and should either play and keep a clean sheet he might have to score 10 to make it worthwhile.

Hey, how likely is Mata to play during the weekend? I ask this because he's started the CL game while Hazard was *rested*

McAuley needs to score at least 4 points to make that transfer profitable and should either play and keep a clean sheet he might have to score 10 to make it worthwhile.

McAuley playing away vs NewCastle doesn't look very promising. Ba's been in top form. Cabaye and BenArfa have been particularly menacing. Doesn't look like a cleansheet to me. I've shifted Foster to the subs bench for Begovic to start this gameweek for that precise reason.

Cue: A brace for Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Hey, how likely is Mata to play during the weekend? I ask this because he's started the CL game while Hazard was *rested*

He'll definitely play. He had a two week rest during the international break because Spain are so ridiculously good he didn't make their squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greetings!

My current squad is:

Begovic
    Jääskeläinen

Demel
    Clyne
    Cuellar
    Ben Davies (swansea)
    A.Cole

Kacaliknic
    Michu
    Hazard
    YaYa
    Cazorla

Tevez
    Van Persie
    Berbatov

Plans for the following 4 GW:

YaYa – Walters (nice run of fixtures)
    A.Cole – Rafael
    Kacaliknic – Sterling
    Ben Davies – Wisdom

Any thoughts on this strategy?
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

bezuaua wrote: »
    Greetings!

My current squad is:

Begovic
    Jääskeläinen

Demel
    Clyne
    Cuellar
    Ben Davies (swansea)
    A.Cole

Kacaliknic
    Michu
    Hazard
    YaYa
    Cazorla

Tevez
    Van Persie
    Berbatov

Plans for the following 4 GW:

YaYa – Walters (nice run of fixtures)
    A.Cole – Rafael
    Kacaliknic – Sterling
    Ben Davies – Wisdom

Any thoughts on this strategy?
    Thanks in advance!

Probably a few weeks to late on this,Sterling is rising steadily and likely to for a while yet,wouldn't wait too long more tbh
    Getting Wisdom i am not sure of,surely he wont hold his place long term?A Stoke defender like maybe Wilson would be much better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm seriously considering Cazorla
    > Bale. it's just the QPR fixture Arsenal have this weekend that's stopping me really.

it's that or Michu
    > Kightly/Walters.

or maybe Ivanovic out? but Chelsea have a decent run of fixtures tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm seriously considering Cazorla
    > Bale.

it's that or Michu
    > Kightly/Walters.

or maybe Ivanovic out? but Chelsea have a decent run of fixtures tbh.

I committed this transfer this week and i feel bad since,i feel this could backfire badly!I was evwn tempted to get him back paying over the odds!

Bale to Carzola could be a good move,i suspect that Carzola is feeling the effects of too many games last 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've a feeling I'll need a City attacker soon too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Wenger might see QPR at home as an opportunity to rest Cazorla, who has played an awful lot of games this season.

Just putting that out there.

Advertisement