Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Blatter wrote: »
    Wenger might see QPR at home as an opportunity to rest Cazorla, who has played an awful lot of games this season.

Just putting that out there.

this was my other concern, but they're probably so desperate to get going, and he's so in love with Santi, that I just can't convince myself that he'll be dropped.

Cazorla
    > Bale is looking like my likely switch right now, but i won't decide until tomorrow afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

SlickRic wrote: »
    this was my other concern, but they're probably so desperate to get going, and he's so in love with Santi, that I just can't convince myself that he'll be dropped.

Cazorla
    > Bale is looking like my likely switch right now, but i won't decide until tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I'd say there's an 85% chance he'll start, especially with the league cup fixtures coming up, he'll just rest him then.

Arsenal are in one those slumps at the moment though, that every team goes through more than once a season. No goals in their last two games, they didn't even look like scoring tbh! I know QPR are crap at the back, but I could still see Arsenal struggling to beat them comfortably. Could see a 1-0 or a scrappy 2-1, I certainly wouldn't be captaining Santi if I had him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, Hughes has a habit of frustrating Wenger teams. if i keep him, there was never going to be a question of captaining him.

it's not going to be a hammering anyway IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have 2 frees, thinking

Demel > Wilson
    Suarez > Tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

KevIRL wrote: »
    Have 2 frees, thinking

Demel > Wilson
    Suarez > Tevez
    Demel to Wilson looks good to me as Demel is not going to be back from injury for this weekend against Wigan and West Hams fixtures get hard after that. Stoke have good fixtures coming up and they have the better teams at home.

Suarez to Tevez is a tough one. I would say a definete ya but will Tevez suffer from rotation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I've already made one transfer this week, got rid of Matty Taylor and brought in Kightly as Stoke seem to have ok fixtures.

My defenders are Cuellar, Gibbs, Demel, Rafael and Hughes. Should I replace one of the injured players? At the moment I'm lining up as:

Begovic

Cuellar Rafael Hughes

Mata Kightly Cazorla Michu

RvP Tevez Fletcher

I've no subs as I've Gibbs and Demel injured and Pienaar suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm in a similar situation with Davies, injured Clark and injured Demel in my back 5.

So thinking of switching Clark to Wilson or demel to gorrks?

What's the consensus on doubling up on Stokes defence with bego and a defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

just done Gibbs --> Riise

Now as ever selection and captain headache.

1. should I play Rafeal or McAuley?

2. will tevez play agaisnt Swansea this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation with Davies, injured Clark and injured Demel in my back 5.

So thinking of switching Clark to Wilson or demel to gorrks?

What's the consensus on doubling up on Stokes defence with bego and a defender?

I 'd never double up on a team, particularly a mid table side like Stoke. They're just too unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Dyer -> Walters done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Rafael & Rangel

or

Baines & Hughes (Fulham)

Currently have the first 2 but have 2 free transfers this week and thinking of making the switch, really want Baines and selling Rafael is the only way I can see of getting him in as I don't want to sell any of my mids or forwards. I'm thinking that Smalling could be back soon for Utd so Rafael could be a rotation risk although this might be just me trying to confince myself that I'm right in selling him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lemlin wrote: »

I 'd never double up on a team, particularly a mid table side like Stoke. They're just too unpredictable.
    But their fixtures are so tempting.

And there's no better alternative IMO.

Wisdom?

Cuellar?

Keep Clark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Michu to Walters done but it just feels wrong, have michu from day one and hes done nothing to dissapoint me just feel if you want to do well you gotta know when to dump players and with his fixtures it just feels right while Walters are easy and hes due a run of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Tevez, Kagawa, A Cole out.
    Ba, Cazorla, Rafael in.

This will either make me or break me :pac:

Just get the feeling that Tevez will find him on the bench for Dzeko and Aguero to get a few games together some time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Yaya out, Narsi in: good or bad?

I have a weird feeling about nasri that he might do well, but don't really have any basis for this feeling, other than he scored midweek. Silva misses the game apparently, which also helps these thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kagawa's injury forced my hand & a 4 point hit,I brought in Lallana for Southampton which gives me some cash for any potential transfer next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Leaning towards no transfers this week. Hope I don't regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Done Demel - Wilson.

Cptn Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

curry-muff wrote: »
    Tevez, Kagawa, A Cole out.
    Ba, Cazorla, Rafael in.

This will either make me or break me :pac:

Just get the feeling that Tevez will find him on the bench for Dzeko and Aguero to get a few games together some time soon.

Was keeping a close eye of what happened midweek, and Tevez only gettng 20 mins shud surely make him a cert to start...whether its Dzeko or Aguero with him is harder to call...but Id reckon Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

zerks wrote: »
    Kagawa's injury forced my hand & a 4 point hit,I brought in Lallana for Southampton which gives me some cash for any potential transfer next week.

I've had Lallana (and played him) since GW2. He's mostly involved in Soton's best attacking plays and tho they're muck at the back, they nearly always score. Class player imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got rid of Ben Arfa and Berba in favour of Lennon and Defoe, all the eggs are going into the Spurs basket this weekend!

Arseblog is reporting that Sagna is in contention to start today. I just transferred Jenkinson in last night! If I take him out now, will I incur a penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Arseblog is reporting that Sagna is in contention to start today. I just transferred Jenkinson in last night! If I take him out now, will I incur a penalty?

Ya 4 point hit

Ya 4 point hit

PITA.

Thanks for that. Took the hit. Bench just not strong enough. Still only one changed player from last week and a four point hit.

This does not bode well :pac:

Dont know if to get rid of Michu or not now,had planned on getting in Ben Afra or Lallana,thinking I might stick with Michu now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Yaya out, Narsi in: good or bad?

I have a weird feeling about nasri that he might do well, but don't really have any basis for this feeling, other than he scored midweek. Silva misses the game apparently, which also helps these thoughts.

I sold Yaya myself, but I would be more inclined to go for Bale, Cazorla, Mata etc.. Nasri is just not consistent enough for this game IMO.. If you cant afford it this week, hold off on the transfer and maybe downgrade a defender/striker next week with a 2 x transfer (4 point hits are a bad idea unless you don't have 11 guaranteed starters..) And ya never know Yaya may do well this week, in fact I think he will as I just swapped him out for Cazorla myself on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Dont know if to get rid of Michu or not now,had planned on getting in Ben Afra or Lallana,thinking I might stick with Michu now

Got to keep Michu, he is Swansea's main goal threat and they are an attack-minded team with Laudrup.. Ben Arfa is tempting alright, but Michu will fair better over the season IMO..

Got to keep Michu, he is Swansea's main goal threat and they are an attack-minded team with Laudrup.. Ben Arfa is tempting alright, but Michu will fair better over the season IMO..

Kept Michu,thinking Swansea could score today against City,who aren't as solid as last season so far at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Kept Michu,thinking Swansea could score today against City,who aren't as solid as last season so far at the back

I'm expecting Mancini to be hellbent on getting a cleansheet along with a victory.
    Hart's desperate for a cleansheet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

anyone think crouch would be a good trasfer? stoke have decent enough fixtures...

Advertisement