Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build for around €650 - £500

Options
  • 20-10-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? 650

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Useing it for MindCraft , Cinema 4D , SolidWorks , Music , Movies.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Do you need a monitor? [Yes, i have one picked]

5. If yes, what size do you need. [20-22?]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader (yes)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No , Not to sure how to do it :/ ]

8. How can you pay? [Credit card]

9. When are you purchasing? [It's a Christmas present]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

Specs Id like it to have ,

3rd gen i5
    8GB ram
    Not to sure about graphics cards but one that goodfor gaming and has vga , dvi , hdmi and 1.5 to 2 gb

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

your post is abit confusing, you say you have a monitor picked but is that seperate from the 650 budget?
    also there be not problem getting a 3rd gen i5 and 8gb of ram into the system but why a 1.5 or 2gb graphics card? if your gaming at 1920x1080 then 1gb is more than enough the extra memory is just pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Yeah sorry for doing this all confusing , Yeah i have a seperate moniter pick out i have 650 for the computer , and i jus want the 1.5 - 2gb graphics card just to have the option if i want to get bigger games and all.. Any ideas on PC's ?

video memory is unimportant in a graphics card specs (aslong as it's 1gb it's grand) and is only for resolutions at 2560x1440 and above so it's still pointless you want to look at the cards clock speed, shaders etc. either way you won't get a decent video crad with more than 1GB on your budget anyway.
    Lastly I had a quick look and I was mistaken, you won't be able to get an i3 and a decent video card, I would highly recommend going with an i3 and a decent graphics card like a 7850 rather than vice versa like a i5 and a 7770 because games always benefit more grom the graphics card than the processor because the 7770 can barely plays games at 1080p but with the 7850 it will run whatever game you throw at it at 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

i can't post a sample build using my phone but as far as picking parts..if you will be using the likes or solid works and stuff most then go for a good CPU and ok graphics card..if you will be gaming more then drop the CPU and upgrade the GPU.. In a low budget build focus mainly on core system parts.. CPU and Motherboard and if gaming GPU.. Other things like HDD or SSD or ram and drives can be upgraded over time at less cost than the items above.. Don't go cheap with psu..you'll regret it loud and more likely to break an in most cases less efficient..

Also most new cards will come with more than 1gb VRAM anyway but 1gb would be enough as mentioned above.. Unless you want to have multiple monitors..

yeah i understand what your saying but id prefer to go with the better processor and ok graphics card like the 7770 because the i5 is dearer then the average graphics card that i would need so if i get the i5 out of the way i can save up for a good enough graphics card and you seem to no what your on about how to tell if graphics cards are worth getting or not im not to sure what to look for so would like to know...

• Advertisement

U_Fig wrote: »
    i can't post a sample build using my phone but as far as picking parts..if you will be using the likes or solid works and stuff most then go for a good CPU and ok graphics card..if you will be gaming more then drop the CPU and upgrade the GPU.. In a low budget build focus mainly on core system parts.. CPU and Motherboard and if gaming GPU.. Other things like HDD or SSD or ram and drives can be upgraded over time at less cost than the items above.. Don't go cheap with psu..you'll regret it loud and more likely to break an in most cases less efficient..

Also most new cards will come with more than 1gb VRAM anyway but 1gb would be enough as mentioned above.. Unless you want to have multiple monitors..

Like ill explain what i wont in the PC i wnt it to be focused for big programmes eg. solidworks, Photoshop , all that. but then have an ok graphics that would support a couple of games no big heavy game like bf3 , or anthing the likes of mindcraft that sort , then 1T hdd , i already have a 1T external hdd so 2T should be more then enough.....Im not really looking to build a pc just to buy one as close as i can to the specs i wont and then do it up if that makes sense....

ok i was looking at gaming pcs that are over my budget by a bit but i can sort that out, i think this is well worth the money tell me if im wrong...

http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/intel-ivy-bridge-i5-3570k-windows-7-gaming-pc-1tb-16gb-gtx-550-ti-z77-computer.html

And then this one looks ok main thing that cuaght my eye was the processor

http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/custom-built-computers/new-computers-chosen-by-us-for-you/intel-ivy-bridge-i7-3770k-windows-7-gaming-pc-2tb-8gb-ddr3-ati-6670-2gb-computer.html

Oh and sorry for so many post

both systems are terrible value, both using graphic cards that arn't great for gaming (espiecally the 6670) and using an ultra cheap case thats flimsy plus it dosn't say what power supply is using so i'm guessing there going to use a cheapo one albeit branded but still a cheap crappy one so definatly build your own. heres one with a 3rg gen i5 and a 7770 €20 over budget but it's a good machine to start with:

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3450 Box, LGA1155|€169.81
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€68.24
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€27.80
    MSI R7770-PMD1GD5, 1024MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€108.19
    Samsung SH-224BB bare schwarz|€16.96
    LogiLink USB 2.0 all-in-one Card Reader, für 3,5" Einbauchschacht|€3.32
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€89.24
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€32.19
    Thermaltake Smart Power 530W|€42.04
    TP-Link TL-WN781N, 150Mbps, PCIe x1|€9.22
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€85.04