Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device to stop heat escaping behind curtains

• 20-10-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

The curtains in my sitting room come to below the window sill but above the radiator. For the past couple of years, once the weather gets cold and I have the curtains pulled and radiator on, I have improvised a device to try to retain heat. I have a long piece of cardboard, the length of the radiator, which is covered in tinfoil. I then stand it between the back of the radiator, balanced on the wall fixings, and bend it out so that the curtains fall behind it.

This seems to increase the heat considerably (might always be a placebo effect!) but the cardboard tends to fall apart in time. Are there any similar devices available commercially? What I have in mind in the same thing made out of metal or other efficient device.

Comments

Advertisement