Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for school bags?

Options
  • 20-10-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

I'm in sixth year and I've bought two school bags in the past two years that haven't lasted out the year.

The "heavy-duty" Jansport bags used to be all over the place, but I've tried the usual places and they don't seem to be there.

Where is there a wide selection of Jansport bags stocked? The Bag Shop shops don't stock them.

Alternatively, are there any places that you would recommend that stock other bags that can keep up with a tonne of books and a bit of rough use without looking like hiking equipment?

Thanks.

V.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

Im sure the cobbler across from the post office on oliver plunkett st sell them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Last time I was in Mahers on Oliver Plunkett St they had a good selection of the Jansport Bags. I have a heavy duty one but it was ordered online and cost nearly a hundred quid! got it here

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

They have a full range of them in Lauras in Douglas because its a school supply shop, uniforms etc.
    They are on the 'back Douglas road' behind Tesco.
    You should look at the Litre Capacity on them to decide.

Also last weekend I saw some on sale in the 'Dunnes Stores' shopping centre at the back near O'Briens restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

I knew of all these places, and have even seen Jansport bags in them before... but then when I actually had to go out and buy one, my mind went blank.

Thanks again!

V.

Advertisement