Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEB's Coaxial Bipod

• 20-10-2012 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

This is pretty interesting. It seems to be the first of its type in the world.
    Aimed towards FTR shooters or shooters that use a bipod in different events. Suppose to make life easier for the shooter.

After a couple of months shooting FTR I don't see how this will help. Once your rifle and bipod are set up correctly it doesn't/shouldn't move in elevation terms. As for windage, when holding off your not necessarily moving an awful lot to hold a 3-5 right/left.

Will it be a success or a flop?

sebpod01.jpg
    World’s First Joystick-Controlled Bipod — NEW from SEB Coaxial
    Sebastian (Seb) Lambang of SEB Coaxial, a brilliant designer and fabricator, has created an ingenious joystick bipod. The first coaxial bipod we’ve ever seen, Seb’s new bipod is a superb example of creative design and smart engineering. This unit gives F-TR and other bipod shooters precise, one-handed control of both windage and elevation. Seb’s innovative joystick bipod is yet one more example of the innovative, advanced engineering we’ve come to expect from his company. We think this guy could be building Formula 1 cars if he set his mind to it. We are fortunate that Seb loves shooting, so he applies his talent to designing and building great new products for the shooting sports.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/10/worlds-first-joystick-controlled-bipod-new-from-seb-coaxial/

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I can see the benefit of it for small adjustments needed prior to the start of a detail. The Sinclair, Dolphin, Big Foot, etc all need you to either get up or stretch forward to adjust the bipod.

With this, as with their front rest, you simply adjust without moving body position.

However considering their rests go for upwards of £700+ i don't think this will be cheap.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

This does look very good and as ezi said would be great in set up not having to reach to change height of legs bout once bipod is set up properly i cant see how this would help in any way??
    Once im comfortable behind rifle thats it i dont touch bipod again
    Iv had a cheaper version rest with one of those handles and found it good for findind target but also akward as you had to hold onto handle while shooting..dont know if this is the case with seb but the recoil of a .308 is alot more than a .22 in my case.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

fclass.ie, we don't permit businesses to post on Boards until their account has been verified by the office. Please e-mail reps@boards.ie so this can be done, and in the meantime I'll have to ask you to refrain from posting. They will also probably discuss your username with you as we don't permit website names to be used as usernames.

Advertisement