Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Commission of Ireland are <SNIP>s.

Options
  • 20-10-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum or not, correct me and point me in the right direction if so.

The revenue commission of Ireland rule this country with an iron fist, their word is law and no one is standing up against them. My opinion is that most of the accusations they make are false.

<SNIP> that is far too much detailed information to be posting in public. Moved to the Business & Entreprenurial forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

That sounds pretty bad but if you're sure there's nothing unaccounted for then a solicitor or an accountant may well be worth your while.

And in case you haven't already checked it out, have a look at this:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/about/custservice/how-complain-revenue.html

I suppose what you'd be looking for is an external review of your situation, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

didnt see what your issue was but the revenue can over use their power and not really think of the effects of business or small traders. Have had issues with them in the past when we were going through a bad time and they were very difficult to get any sort of help or agreement from.

Did hear a story from another person who works in our industry and trades as a sole trader, Revenue turned up at their premises and demanded an audit there and then. The person let them in and the revenue offical made a comment "I hope you have your cheque book with you". The person asked what he meant and was told that revenue are always owed money when they do audits. Person left the guy rang their solicitor who told them to go back take the accounts they had given and ask the revenue to leave and make an appointment for an audit through the solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RossFinn

Yeah, my post got edited because it's considered "too detailed for public", whoever edited took out the main body and all of the ACTUAL concerns I was having. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

We had a revenue audit 3 years ago. We had forgot to sign the CT return for 1 year through ROS, worse ROS showed we had no outstanding returns for CT so that is how it got missed, I printed off the page and the inspector though it was unusual

When we received notice of the audit we went through our books with a fine tooth comb for mistakes and found we over paid our vat by €700 she had a funny look on her face when I thanked her for the audit as we were able to offset the overpayment against our next return

Advertisement