Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why did you cheat?

• 20-10-2012 7:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

Everyone who cheats has their reasons for doing it. What are yours?

A few years ago I cheated, I did it because I wanted to experience the excitement of new pu$$y to put it crudely. I didn't intend to, but in the moment it felt too good to say no. I knew I wouldn't get caught. Being honest if I was In a relationship now and the other woman was attractive enough I'd probably cheat again. So if I ever get into another relationship I'll try not to put myself in situations where I'll have the opportunity.

So what were your reasons for cheating?
    Obviously doesn't apply to non cheaters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Because i needed to pass the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I hadn't studied, needed a B to get into the next year of college so I cheated. So ashamed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

OP you seem to be a bit off a rat bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Its Only cheating if your caught!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

That you Lance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

geetar wrote: »

I don't understand this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

geetar wrote: »

If by rat bag you mean a cheater then yes I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

No way was I losing to a ten year old, so when he turned his back to get more Oreos, I moved his King. Pride drove me to it. I know now it was wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I don't... My husband knows, and finds it kinky. :D

Gauss wrote: »
    If by rat bag you mean a cheater then yes I am.

It makes more sense now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cos spawning a tank is way more fun than going looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

if you have to cheat you're obviously not content in the relationship.

I was content in the relationship, the relationship was independent to what I did.

I was content in the relationship, the relationship was independent to what I did.
    Excellent -you should tell the wife/GF, no doubt she'll increase your "independence".

Pottler wrote: »
    Excellent -you should tell the wife/GF, no doubt she'll increase your "independence".

That was years ago, I'm single now.

But in similar circumstances I'd more than likely do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

krudler wrote: »
    cos spawning a tank is way more fun than going looking for one.

Flying them is even better, god vice city was good!

Good stuff, have fun. All the best. Anyway.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

T'was Only sex, isn't that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Everyone who cheats has their reasons for doing it. What are yours?

No they don't. At least not very good ones.

Not really true, IMO. I know a guy who adores his wife but he's cheated on her several times, including a few months after the wedding. I honestly believe he couldn't help himself - I know them both well and they're amazing together. I think he just finds it impossible to turn down opportunities. To his credit, he tries not to put himself in that situation anymore because he knows he can't trust himself. He hardly ever goes out and when he does, he's home by 9pm. I think he realised after the last time that a drunken kiss or blowjob wasn't worth losing his relationship over. It doesn't help that he's ridiculously goodlooking and women are throwing themselves at him constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Whoa a minute! Isn't the OP the sex addict guy from yesterday or the day before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Stay fücking single then.

Abi wrote: »
    Stay fücking single then.

I plan to.

It's sh1t though that I'll never have a family unless I lose the wandering eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I hate when people post this, but

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I plan to.

It's sh1t though that I'll never have a family unless I lose the wandering eye.
    So what do you want here, justification? Or are you trolling looking for people to hang themselves to a newish reg?

yermandan wrote: »
    I hate when people post this, but

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

No need to repeat the adjective.

In fairness what was I thinking when I thought people would believe my far fetched story of cheating a few years ago.

Abi wrote: »
    So what do you want here, justification? Or are you trolling looking for people to hang themselves to a newish reg?

To hear other people's reasons, I think it's interesting getting inside people's heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

If you're aware of that then you shouldn't get into any relationship. It's hardly fair on the other person is it?? (unless you both agree to an open relationship of course)

Imagine how you'd feel if you were in love with someone and you found out she cheated on you, how do you think you'd feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I was very drunk and he was wearing Old Spice. Nobody can deny the power of that fragrance.

Please don't tell my wife, we are expecting our first child this coming February and she would be absolutely distraught if.......well you understand.

They send a man to war: fight for your Queen and Country they say: fight for liberty they say; they don't tell you about the night terrors that follow though, do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

To hear other people's reasons, I think it's interesting getting inside people's heads.

In AH ? :pac::pac:

In fairness what was I thinking when I thought people would believe my far fetched story of cheating a few years ago.

People tend to doubt the motives of others who start threads drawing attention to past misdeeds.

If you had started a thread asking if monogamy is natural it might have worked out a little better. It's a fine art.

I thought you were more interested in getting inside other peoples knickers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Which is worse a quick lustful shag or a conscious decision to meet someone for sex?
    Are both the same or is one more forgivable?

I hear some people saying once feeling are involved it makes it worse, is this necessarily true?

OP,maybe you haven't found the right woman yet. did you love your then partner?

OP,maybe you haven't found the right woman yet. did you love your then partner?

Yea, I did love her.

• Advertisement

Not really true, IMO. I know a guy who adores his wife but he's cheated on her several times, including a few months after the wedding. I honestly believe he couldn't help himself - I know them both well and they're amazing together. I think he just finds it impossible to turn down opportunities. To his credit, he tries not to put himself in that situation anymore because he knows he can't trust himself. He hardly ever goes out and when he does, he's home by 9pm. I think he realised after the last time that a drunken kiss or blowjob wasn't worth losing his relationship over. It doesn't help that he's ridiculously goodlooking and women are throwing themselves at him constantly.

now that I think about it. this can make sense too. I feel sorry for his wife though, she would probably be heartbroken.
    what he is doing could risk his and her health though in terms of STIs,but that is off topic

No-one said it was far fetched, but your premise was that there are a majority of cheaters on here, hence your question 'why did you cheat?'

The obvious trolling comment is that you would do it again should the chance arise.

Would you really? Would you like to be with someone who would do it to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Yea, I did love her.

I'm not doing this to be all dramatic and judge you because you should know, and probably do know, that cheating is wrong. I won't go down this route.

But - and I know this will sound really patronising and I apoligise - you can't possibly love someone if you cheat on them and come on here and say you'd probably cheat on them again.

I'm sorry but I believe loving someone means NEVER wanting to hurt them. People make mistakes, but if you're a cheater and you always will be, how can you truly love someone? :confused:

What good reason do you have? Or is it in short that you can't have the self-control to stop following your balls rather than your head or you heart?

Yea, I did love her.

correct me if im wrong,but it sounds like you have just accepted infidelity as part of your relationships, I don't think this is love.
    But don't get me wrong I don't know the first thing about you this is just an opinion I have gathered from your previous posts so no disrespect is intended.
    I can understand like cheating just happening ie people just getting lost in the moment but if that was the case and you did love your partner-surely you wouldn't want it to happen again?

• Advertisement

yermandan wrote: »

No-one said it was far fetched, but your premise was that there are a majority of cheaters on here, hence your question 'why did you cheat?'

The obvious trolling comment is that you would do it again should the chance arise.

Would you really? Would you like to be with someone who would do it to you?

I can lie and say I wouldn't. But knowing me I'd imagine I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Which is worse a quick lustful shag or a conscious decision to meet someone for sex?
    Are both the same or is one more forgivable?

I hear some people saying once feeling are involved it makes it worse, is this necessarily true?

Personally i think both are just as bad because both are actually the same.
    Take 2 people in a bar that are going to have a one night stand. There is a period of flirting, chatting, working in for the kiss ... the invite back home. There is a conscious decision made over time on the night to do all that.

Its the same as arranging a time to meet up and have sex with someone.

I'm not doing this to be all dramatic and judge you because you should know, and probably do know, that cheating is wrong. I won't go down this route.

But - and I know this will sound really patronising and I apoligise - you can't possibly love someone if you cheat on them and come on here and say you'd probably cheat on them again.

I'm sorry but I believe loving someone means NEVER wanting to hurt them. People make mistakes, but if you're a cheater and you always will be, how can you truly love someone? :confused:

Love means different things to different people.

I can really care about someone and be Hirt seeing them hurt, but in the right circumstances I will probably cheat. Now I can stay in and I wouldn't set out to cheat.

I can lie and say I wouldn't. But knowing me I'd imagine I would.

What about the rest of my question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I don't know why everyone's giving op a hard time.

Assuming he isn't trolling - He is being realistic, and honest with himself.
    He's put his hands up and said, "yeah, I cheated", he knows it was wrong.
    He has been straight about his reasons instead of blaming drink or circumstances etc...
    He knows himself well enough to know if the same situation arose again, he may well be tempted again, which is why he said he'd try and avoid putting himself in that situation again.

What am I missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Knucklecracker

I thought it was knickers you were trying to get into ??

You're the guy who started the other thread about sex addiction. Couldn't you have just continued posting in the other thread rather than creating a new one to discuss the same thing?
    I don't know why everyone's giving op a hard time.

Assuming he isn't trolling - He is being realistic, and honest with himself.

He's put his hands up and said, "yeah, I cheated", he knows it was wrong.

He has been straight about his reasons instead of blaming drink or circumstances etc...

He knows himself well enough to know if the same situation arose again, he may well be tempted again, which is why he said he'd try and avoid putting himself in that situation again.

What am I missing here?

Big big big assumption!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

The reason the op doesnt remain single is because he is using his partner as someone who can give him sex on tap. This is the reason he remains with her, not because he loves her but because he wants to use her when he can't score anywhere else.

The OP has no clue what love is, only what pleasure is and he is dominated by pleasure and not love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Personally i think both are just as bad because both are actually the same.
    Take 2 people in a bar that are going to have a one night stand. There is a period of flirting, chatting, working in for the kiss ... the invite back home. There is a conscious decision made over time on the night to do all that.

Its the same as arranging a time to meet up and have sex with someone.

Would you not say drink was partially to blame where arranging to meet some one is done when sober and you have more time to change your mind?

philologos wrote: »
    You're the guy who started the other thread about sex addiction.

Well observed. Is this a guilt thing OP? Are you spilling anonymously on a forum? Have you been caught?

• Advertisement
Advertisement