Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driver help please !!

• 20-10-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hi guys i recently upgraded the harddrive in my dell inspiron 1300 and after installing windows 7 home premium 32bit I seem to have the video controller driver missing and cant for the life of me find the driver any help would be much appreciated , I cant seem to connect to my wi fi because of it ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

On to the dell website and find the driver using your service tag number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

cheers for the help guys im sure I will find what im looking for there thanks a mill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

superfish wrote: »
    cheers for the help guys im sure I will find what im looking for there thanks a mill :D

I rather doubt that very much, since since Intel has never officially released Windows Vista/7 drivers for 915GM graphics. And Dell doesn't offer any either. But all is not lost, try these drivers from the HP support website. If they don't install automatically, use brute force (at your peril, of course). ;)

Torqay wrote: »
    I rather doubt that very much, since since Intel has never officially released Windows Vista/7 drivers for 915GM graphics. And Dell doesn't offer any either. But all is not lost, try these drivers from the HP support website. If they don't install automatically, use brute force (at your peril, of course). ;)

thanks a mill thought I was going mad lol non of them were working il give these a try an let you know cheers.

• Advertisement

operating system not supported ah well nice try anyways lol if worst comes to worst il just install ubuntu , the driver must be out there somewhere tho as I had windows 7 on this laptop before the harddrive broke ?

Intel 915GM definitely works with Windows 7. I had it once installed on my Eee 701 4G, same chipset.

thanks but I installed ubuntu its a lot faster on the older system although it still wont work wirelessly im giving up and buying a wireless express 34 cad or wi fi 802 usb takin the easy way out lol cheers for the help though

And what's wrong with XP? Faster than Windows 7 or Ubuntu, all the hardware works.

Advertisement