Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a "people person"?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Average enough
    I get on great with people if i sense they like me, if i sense someone doesn't like me that much i make no effort at all with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Fecking brilliant
    I do my best i find it difficult to sympathise with people :/

How ever I've no problems helping some one, or giving some one a seat or anything.. Quite comfortable randomly chatting to strangers... chatting up women and smiling and genrally no bothers I can be very playfull cheeky and flirty i speak my mind tho... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Average enough
    i think the vast majority of the human race are not people people tbh, its probably why we are so good at killing each other :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Above average
    Heres the thing about "people skills" - its a front, its bullshit, its all a show. As we get to know someone our real-selves come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Average enough
    At one stage I probably was. Lately though I find I've become disengaged and more withdrawn, Aside from my partner and a couple of close friends I don't like dealing with people outside of my obligations in my line of work. I've lost faith in humanity and view the world quite differently than I once did, I lack widespread empathy and don't really care about anybody other than my own close circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I love everybody and tell them so.

I get weird looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Average enough
    I suck with people....

Especially when they are in my apartment, do you want tea??? How often do I offer you tea?

What else do i offer? If I meet people out I just laugh at whatever they say because I dont know what else to say.

I am not a social butterfly, not even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I am the ultimate people pleaser. It's why I'm great at my job & it's why I bask in a miserable sea of inadequacy & insecurity about 80 % of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Above average
    I like most people and enjoy talking to them, reading this thread makes me insecure about that. I wish I could be happy like the rest of you misanthropes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FatMickey

I'm good at pretending to be a people person, but beneath the soft flabby crust there lies a bitter, hardened and uncaring wanker.

Yep that about sum's me up as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I used to be but not anymore. Went through quite a lot in the past 5 years and certain people weren't there for me so I've toughened up and moved on and live for me and my family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Above average
    KKkitty wrote: »
    I used to be but not anymore. Went through quite a lot in the past 5 years and certain people weren't there for me so I've toughened up and moved on and live for me and my family.

I can relate so much.
    To put it bluntly, fuck people.... Every prick is out for themselves.
    Now I still believe in being polite and friendly to people I meet or interact with, until otherwise proven. Thats just common courtesy. In reality its also me keeping people at "arms lenth" - My loyalties lay with my family and my girlfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I used to be very much the people pleaser, organising parties, meet ups etc but in the last year or so I just stopped caring.
    I used to cling to friendships and fret about fights and bad feelings, now I couldn't give a flying rats arse.
    I think I've dropped about five friends this year alone, I just stopped putting in the effort and have turned my attentions to family and a select few friends. I just haven't the patience for dramas anymore.
    Weird thing is though, I'm much happier in myself now and those friends that I've dropped,who before now would have ignored me until I contacted them, have started to suddenly try a hell of a lot harder. The less work i put in the more they seem to put in. Obviously, they don't know they've been dropped but they seem to somehow sense it.

Being a people person did not benefit me at all outside the workplace, weirdly being a dick is working out quite nicely for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Above average
    Peeple are like potatoes.. they scream when you peel their skin off.

Wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Below average
    You need to read the Cries of Retail thread if you haven't already

Would make you hate the general public

One day some clever poster is going to edit that thread into a book and make $$$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Fecking brilliant
    kowloon wrote: »
    If only there was some kind of way to lower your post count and make everyone think you were a new poster.

qed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think in general I am a people's person. However, I don't know if I am an Irish people's person.
    I get the whole slagging thing, but I do not find it funny, or really that I like engaging with it. I also feel that there is a cerain emphasis on 'having the craic' all the time, and that get's boring after a while. I can do all the having a joke, having a laugh all the time but I get bored of it. I much more prefer being serious and having decent converstaions, so I guess in Iireland I am not really a people's person.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I'm not a people person at all, but my people skills are off the f*ckin' chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, to an extent. I go through phases!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

I think the results might be a bit skewed because this was conducted on a Saturday night when all the keyboard warriors with anemic social skills would be tucked under a blanket online whereas people who don't spend every waking minute of their lives on the internet would have been you know, out meeting people on a Saturday night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

It does depend on my mood. But at least professionally i am above average i can be brilliant. I ddefinitely get results. Socially i am more laid back. People tend to view me as a nice person.

I am genuine , i do schmooze but it is not fakery. Yes i want something but i have respect for people.

I treat people with consideration and kindness. But i can ice queen it if you displease me.

I go no further than i am comfortable with so i don't really feel used.

People see me as astute and on the ball or a complete sweetie. I can surprise people with an act of kindness or savy.

Feeling sorry for yourself gets you nowhere within yourself or anyone else. Don't take it all so personally.

Too many people get offended by the world in general or the general public...or 'people' it's weird.

I am a positive person:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Below average
    Ares wrote: »
    I think the results might be a bit skewed because this was conducted on a Saturday night when all the keyboard warriors with anemic social skills would be tucked under a blanket online whereas people who don't spend every waking minute of their lives on the internet would have been you know, out meeting people on a Saturday night...

Thats a very good point, well made. Most people in AH wouldnt want to think about it that way though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Of course I'm a people person! Now fcuk off and stop annoying me with stupid questions, you cnut!:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Average enough
    For me to be more of a "people person", I would need to build up more of a tolerance for time-wasters, wannabes, and general idiots without the sense to shut up, go away, and leave me the hell alone.

But on the other hand, what if my sensitivity about these things works in my favour, making me more of a "people person"? It falls under the "golden rule": I hate it when people do that to me, so I don't (knowingly) do it to them. :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Average enough
    I'm not entirely sure what being a people person entails, but I don't think I'm one!
    I can't stand the ignorance of most people - people spout an awful lot of crap.
    And the noise - people are too noisy.
    I can't manage to follow social etiquette most of the time either.
    I don't like most people, and I certainly don't mesh with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Above average
    Where is the Cries of Retail thread? I'd love to read it but I can't find it :confused::o

Advertisement