Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best iPhone apps?

Options
  • 20-10-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Anyone know any really good apps for the iPhone??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Depends on what you want/like etc

Some of the necessary are imo :
    • Find My iPhone
    • You Tube
    • Netflix (If Registered)
    • Facebook
    • twitter
    • iTorch
    • Viber
    • Ulster Bank/AIB/BOI etc
    • Nike Running
    • RTE News
    • Sky News
    • Donedeal
    • Adverts
    • Sky Sports Football
    • Allbikesnow
    • Flickr
    • Photobucket
    • Dropbox
    • Autodance for the little fella :)

I could go on, but its all relative, so hopefully ive given some ideas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

IMDB !!!

And TVGuide. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dropbox
    calcbot
    flashlight

my dublin bus
    daft.ie
    pulse news

linkedin
    tweetbot
    pocket
    alien blue

hailo
    tripadvisor

red laser
    eventbrite
    comet
    lemon wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

kceire wrote: »
    Depends on what you want/like etc

Some of the necessary are imo :
    • Find My iPhone
    • You Tube
    • Netflix (If Registered)
    • Facebook
    • twitter
    • iTorch
    • Viber
    • Ulster Bank/AIB/BOI etc
    • Nike Running
    • RTE News
    • Sky News
    • Donedeal
    • Adverts
    • Sky Sports Football
    • Allbikesnow
    • Flickr
    • Photobucket
    • Dropbox
    • Autodance for the little fella :)

I could go on, but its all relative, so hopefully ive given some ideas.
    out of curiosity why would you want the find my iphone app

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

guil wrote: »

It's obviously no use if your iPhone is lost/stolen, but it's handy if you've got other iOS devices or Macs.

• Advertisement

It's obviously no use if your iPhone is lost/stolen, but it's handy if you've got other iOS devices or Macs.
    Yes I know that but is it not just as handy to just go to iCloud.com

Never tried visiting iCloud on an iOS device but I just prompts you to download find my iPhone or setup icloud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

You use to be able to sign in with a different apple id so one time I was able to log in with my brothers details and find his iphone (which he had stupidly left in a taxi). I could approximate the location of it and he went off and found it.

Pretty handy eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Re find My iPhone

My understanding is:

Is that you need to sign up to this in settings and turn it on via Icloud - you do not need the app actually installed on your phone. you can then use another device to log in and locate yours if list or stolen

Does any one know if this app can be used on non apple ware in the case of not having a mac product for instance a PC?

gozunda wrote: »
    Re find My iPhone

My understanding is:

Is that you need to sign up to this in settings and turn it on via Icloud - you do not need the app actually installed on your phone. you can then use another device to log in and locate yours if list or stolen

Does any one know if this app can be used on non apple ware in the case of not having a mac product for instance a PC?
    Just to to iCloud.com and sign in and then click find my iphone

SK1979 wrote: »

You use to be able to sign in with a different apple id so one time I was able to log in with my brothers details and find his iphone (which he had stupidly left in a taxi). I could approximate the location of it and he went off and found it.

Pretty handy eh? :)
    Yes I know how the app works but I just presumed you could go to iCloud.com and sign in etc but if you do so on an iOS device you are prompted to setup iCloud or download find my iPhone or find my friends

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just to to iCloud.com and sign in and then click find my iphone
    Doesn't work on iOS devices. You have to use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 johnfatz

The Find my iPhone on your phone helps you find other iphones without having to go to your desktop.

Handy when you are out and about and your drunk friend looses theirs. Or visa-versa....

To set up your iOS device to be found if lost, go to "Settings" -> "iCloud" and turn on "Find my iPhone". You do not need an app to make your device to be tracked by iCloud.

When you launch the app, you input the apple ID and password of the person who owns the lost device (iPhone, iPad, Macbook pro etc.) and and should get the location of the device, ability to lock the device, send out a loud noise and message and if needs be, wipe the device. If battery is dead, phone is turned off or data is turned off, then best of luck is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mannix1888

Can anyone suggest good gaming apps and educational apps for kids? Apps for ipad I'm looking for, but I guess they work for both iphone's and ipads?

Yes I know that but is it not just as handy to just go to iCloud.com

Never tried visiting iCloud on an iOS device but I just prompts you to download find my iPhone or setup icloud

I don't use iCloud. Well I guess I do in the find my phone aspect but not for back ups or anything.

Doesn't work on iOS devices. You have to use the app.
    I know that. I said so in an earlier post. I was referring to trying to locate an iPhone from a pc

I know that. I said so in an earlier post. I was referring to trying to locate an iPhone from a pc

Hopefully I never have to use it but when your out and about and your trying to locate a lost or stolen phone the. It would be beneficial to have the app on the phone as its quite hard to carry he PC out with you :p

So you did. Sorry, I missed your earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It would be nice if there was an App similar to Find my IPhone that would remotely detonate your phone if it was stolen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Saisuke
    Dublin Bus
    CinemaTimes
    PS (Picture Safe)
    Gardai IE
    Movie Genie
    Convertbot
    Scotty
    IM+Pro
    Flight Watch
    Dublin Airport