Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public transport swords to town

Options
  • 20-10-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Im probably moving to castleview in swords and want to know what options are there for getting to town early in the morning,id need to be in town for 7.30. any info would be really appreciated,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

,id need to be in town for 7.30
    You're spoiled for choice in Swords. As an example, the first 33 leaves Balbriggan at 4.50am - that should get you into Dublin with time to spare for a leisurely breakfast!

Check out www.dublinbus.ie www.swordsexpress.ie www.buseireann.ie etc. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You're spoiled for choice in Swords. As an example, the first 33 leaves Balbriggan at 4.50am - that should get you into Dublin with time to spare for a leisurely breakfast!

Check out www.dublinbus.ie www.swordsexpress.ie www.buseireann.ie etc. :)

Agreed, it's incredibly well served.

what part of Swords are you moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Stheno wrote: »

what part of Swords are you moving to?
    Castleview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

MugMugs wrote: »
    Castleview :)
    You say probably mugs - its a fair walk to the bus stop from there depending on which part of Castleview you are moving to. I'd walk it before making my final decision ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

desbrook wrote: »
    You say probably mugs - its a fair walk to the bus stop from there depending on which part of Castleview you are moving to. I'd walk it before making my final decision ;-)

Isn't that Swirds express bus also very expensive - I'd be checking that before I made any decision. If yiu're working in town every day & have to leave that early why Swords?

Have you checked out DublinBus.ie
    They do " timetables" there & routes.

I had to put my car back on the road a few years back after .8 months of late, unreliable & missing busses - it was a total nightmare. Tried to get the 43 yesterday - checked the real timetable put up 2 weeks ago and the bus drivers timetable before i got off for the return journey - he confirmed busses in the hour & half hour... Turned up at busstop at 5;50 - the 43 had left at 5;45 & there wasn't another one til 7 pm. F'ing disaster. They are so unreliable & just don't give a *****. I wouldn't risk relying on them again- it's a constant battle. < not on my timetable/must ave changed the roster/someone must be sick/ etc

At least the DARTS usually come. The busses mire often that not, usually don't or are so late it's impossible to plan by them - or rely on holding down a job that requires you to be on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nicolegillou

Thanks for all the info.will have to look into all the buses but might have to think of getting a lift from my boyfriend to the dart or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Swords Express is very reliable but as JustAThought points out it is pricey. €4 at peak times, and €3 otherwise. You can get a year or month ticket though with tax relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Thanks for all the info.will have to look into all the buses but might have to think of getting a lift from my boyfriend to the dart or something

I still dont get why they have never bult a DART spur to link with Malahide station.

Swords is a big place, it really should have a train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 royboymaps

There's too much traffic between Swords and Dublin. The DART couldn't cope with all the new passengers on top of the existing passengers. The Swords road is actually the busiest bus corridor in the country. At peak times there are buses along the road on average every 58 seconds. Iarnród Éireann don't have the technical capability to carry that many extra passengers on the already congested existing line.

Metro North is the only solution. It is badly needed in Swords.

Advertisement