Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Maugheraboy Area

Options
  • 20-10-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does someone from this area or around have UPC Broadband/TV

Is it any good? Or any comments about it?

I would like to know before switching. Im for the moment with Vodafone...but broadband, doesnt work to well...cos of the phone line...

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As far as I know, it's everywhere in Sligo town so you should be fine. The broadband is brilliant, I can't recommend it enough. TV isn't as good and pales in comparison to Sky. I don't mind so much because I don't watch that much TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Amsy

What do you mean TV isnt as good as Sky? you mean Channel wise? or Signal wise??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Amsy wrote: »
    What do you mean TV isnt as good as Sky? you mean Channel wise? or Signal wise??

Not sure about channel line up, picture quality is good though. The main problem I have is that the box is buggy and can be unresponsive at times. I know others having the same problem. I have the standard box, the plus or HD box might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Also with the sky box you can connect other TVs using magic eyes, UPC does not have this functionality.

Not sure about channel line up, picture quality is good though. The main problem I have is that the box is buggy and can be unresponsive at times. I know others having the same problem. I have the standard box, the plus or HD box might be different.

Unresponsive like it doesnt open up or it doesnt record or something like that? Sorry about all the questions, just want to be sure before moving

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    Also with the sky box you can connect other TVs using magic eyes, UPC does not have this functionality.

Thank you for letting me know, but Im not looking to use other TV's, there is only one TV in the house anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

On the same topic, does anyone use Pure broadband? I find it very slow (in the Calry area), especially when there's two computers using the wireless signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

i use upc in the maugheraboy area, it's excellent. the broadband is fantastic. i get 100mb all the time with no contention. the tv is fine and the phone is as good as any other i've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

We have been with UPC for over a year now and cant recommend them enough. The broadband is out of this world. After the first year we got an upgrade to 100mb down and we do actually achieve this speed. The tv signal is perfect and the channel line up is pretty much the same as sky. The menu system is not quite as user friendly as sky's but after a few weeks you get used to this. On our package we can make off peak calls worldwide too although to be honest we never really use the landline.

Advertisement