Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have You Never Had Your Ear Pierced.

• 21-10-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭

How many people have never had their ear pierced? It was hugely popular for young fellas to get their ear pierced at one stage. There was a certain "look".

You often see men of a certain age, guys who came of age in the seventies who still have their ear pierced and it sort of suits them.

So, have you never been pierced and why?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Have You NEVER been pierced? 86 votes

I have never been pierced and I am male.
    0% 0 votes
    I have never been pierced and I am female.
    100% 86 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Never.

I have my nipple pierced tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

No, I think .. as I have, both of 'em and one twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ear pierced?
    I am a guy.
    I am straight.
    Never wanted to look questionably gay or was never a "hipster" of back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Nope.
    But my da got his ear pierced for a bet when he was 47 and still has it to this day! Kinda suits him though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I wanted to get it done when I was around 10 but I wasnt allowed cause my dad thought it was gay! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Looks kinda stupid to me.
    Hanging bits of trinkets off your ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Not my ear, but I really thought about getting my cock pierced. I was loaded at the time though.

The poll question is different to the thread question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

No, but I met a lad with scars either side of his temples - asked him what happened and he said a piece of steel re-bar went in one side and out the other. He had his head pierced!! He seemed fairly normal as well?? The front bit of the brain must not do that much????

1ZRed wrote: »
    Not my ear, but I really thought about getting my cock pierced. I was loaded at the time though.

Was with a guy once who had his scrotum pierced - v erotic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I have a Scaffold piercing for the last 11 years, its actually my second one cause the first one grew out. I used to get a lot of comments off people at the time, usually "can my child look at your ear" or "jasus lad ya want to watch that if your getting into a fight".

efb wrote: »
    Was with a guy once who had his scrotum pierced - v erotic!

Was with a guy who had a PA.. and was a guard.

I win! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

1210m5g wrote: »
    I have a Scaffold piercing for the last 11 years, its actually my second one cause the first one grew out. I used to get a lot of comments off people at the time, usually "can my child look at your ear" or "jasus lad ya want to watch that if your getting into a fight".

i dont think this thread is for us with our ears pierced, but il just add i have my ear stretched but only to 4mm i hate the big ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

The poll question is different to the thread question!

Never mind that it doesn't even bother to check how many people have piercings so we'll never know what % of AHers are actually pierced!

Terrible poll

And no I've never had a piercing myself.

Had that too- but this guy had his scrotum pierced with thickish rings- so much fun. Prince Albert- nyeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Had that too- but this guy had his scrotum pierced with thickish rings- so much fun. Prince Albert- nyeh
    Why the fck would anyone want to put thick rings through their sack?
    To hang some fancy bollock curtains off them perhaps?

Cos they aid foreplay and heighten sexual arousal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I'm confused. What's the poll going to tell us other than that some men and some women aren't pierced? Don't we need the numbers that are pierced as well to try and extract some kind of meaning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I've 4 ear piercings. 3 in one ear and one in the other.

OP's poll is flawed but I'm enjoying the discourse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I pierced my own ear when I was 13 using a needle and an ice cube. Not really sure what the ice cube was supposed to do, but it all went badly wrong when the the top of the needle broke off & went under the skin & inside my earlobe.

It's actually still there.

I pierced my own ear when I was 13 using a needle and an ice cube. Not really sure what the ice cube was supposed to do, but it all went badly wrong when the the top of the needle broke off & went under the skin & inside my earlobe.

I pierced mine with a Madness badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Never mind that it doesn't even bother to check how many people have piercings so we'll never know what % of AHers are actually pierced!

Terrible poll

And no I've never had a piercing myself.

Ring Joe ffs.

Sure loads of people have a personal assistant - it just means they're busy and lazy. What did you win?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep. The big, thick darning needle through the ear.

Two of mine were done using that method.

OP's poll is flawed but I'm enjoying the discourse
    Flawed my unpierced balls.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I have my left ear pierced since I was 19.

Piercing was very, very popular back in the 90s. Used to have two in my left ear and my eyebrow but just have the one now 18 years on.

Indeed the poll is flawed.

Apologies.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Flawed my unpierced balls.

You don't pierced the testes- just the scrotum sac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I have both my ears pierced, just stud types, nothing elaborate.

You don't pierced the testes- just the scrotum sac

Your absolutely right.

Of course I meant to say,
    flawed my unpierced ballbag.

I'm confused. What's the poll going to tell us other than that some men and some women aren't pierced? Don't we need the numbers that are pierced as well to try and extract some kind of meaning?

Yes. This is currently being discussed. Poll is flawed.

Are pierced ears on a lad not a bit...err....ghey? My youngest son has his pierced, I've no huge feeling about it one way or the other, but whenever I'm dealing with someone(male) who has an ear-ring, I kinda mark them out as being a bit.. ? In my gurrier days in a row, I used to punch straight for the ear if I saw a piercing-usually the pain of that would settle the rowdiest buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I love piercings, but everytime I have a piercing, I faint and/or have a panic attack when I'm trying to change the stud/earring.
    So right now, I'm unpierced.
    I used to have my ears pierced the whole way down, and had my eyebrow done twice.
    I'd love to get my lip done, but my husband said he'd never kiss me again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I love piercings, but everytime I have a piercing, I faint and/or have a panic attack when I'm trying to change the stud/earring.
    So right now, I'm unpierced.
    I used to have my ears pierced the whole way down, and had my eyebrow done twice.
    I'd love to get my lip done, but my husband said he'd never kiss me again :(

Flappy mouth lips or lady front bottom lips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

stoneill wrote: »
    Flappy mouth lips or lady front bottom lips?

Just normal lips - the ones on your face.
    I'm too much of a pussy to get the other kind! :)

Ironic, n'est pas?

Pottler wrote: »
    Sure loads of people have a personal assistant - it just means they're busy and lazy. What did you win?!?

His ass

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Anyone who thinks that pierced ears on a guy are a bit "gay" are frozen in a 1983 time warp. :rolleyes:

That was 30 years ago - society has moved on. For the record I have my left ear pierced and I AM gay.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I pierced my own ear when I was 13 using a needle and an ice cube. Not really sure what the ice cube was supposed to do

Melt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Girls getting their ears pierced! I decided it was done to death, so I got my lip pierced instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭stupidfishy

I have my ears pierced twelve times, six in each ear.
    From a mixture of high class hygienic establishments such as friends houses, the floor of the local tesco and georges arcade.

I never liked my user name but it does seem fairly apt for this post.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that pierced ears on a guy are a bit "gay" are frozen in a 1983 time warp. :rolleyes:

That was 30 years ago - society has moved on. For the record I have my left ear pierced and I AM gay.:cool:
    QED. BTW, I'm a dinosaur from the 80s.:D And I said ghey, which is different. Was there not some code for which ear was pierced, ie one meant straight, the other gay? The other half of my family is showbizzy anyway and being gay is almost cumpolsary in that world, so no great hang-ups here in that regard, I'm just not the jewellery type, of any description, ears included.

Pottler wrote: »
    QED. BTW, I'm a dinosaur from the 80s.:D And I said ghey, which is different. Was there not some code for which ear was pierced, ie one meant straight, the other gay? The other half of my family is showbizzy anyway and being gay is almost cumpolsary in that world, so no great hang-ups here in that regard, I'm just not the jewellery type, of any description, ears included.
    Right is wrong, left is right

I dont really get the whole face furniture thing,especially those wooden ear disks.

Yeah,dem bitches will be be mad to ride ya with some timber side plates either side of your ugly face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Had my eye brow pierced. yanked it out the first time with a towel and the second time im very sure it was down to the fact i was so drunk when taking off my hoodie i pulled a bit of it woke up the next morning to look in the mirror and see the state of it :( so just pulled it out. but i miss it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo etc etc ... much that i really want to get it done again. but i dunno what to do. only problem is the family will kick up a s it storm bout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I`ve NEVER pierced my left ear twice,my nipple,my nose and my eyebrow all while pissed as a fart. Nope. Never! Not me :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just had my ear and lip pierced when I was 16. Removed both after a year or two. Tats are more my style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

No, but I believe that there are girls from nearby estates who had their ears pierced immediately after having their umbilical cord cut.

God bless the hanky code!

• Advertisement
Advertisement