Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fun ideas..

Options
  • 21-10-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Hello guys and dolls,
    I've been currently working in galway for the last couple of months on a training programme (were up from waterford) unfortunately our time in your FANTASTIC city has come to an end, there is 17 of us altogether (none of us had the pleasure of been in galway before). The city really feels like nothing on this island of ours, i've been here for the ocean race, the horse races, i cant even remember the names of the other festivals and many other random adventures and the place and of course the lovely people really blew me away.
    (I'm sorry but i just really wanted to show our appreciation before i ask my question!)
    QUESTION IS. were staying up for a weekend before we head home, if yee could pick 1 activity to do maybe within one hour of galway on a Saturday afternoon, now i mean were all in our 20's male & female, just something REALLY FUN and enjoyable. thank you galweigons :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Check on the Corrib Princess website and see if that is something you would like to do. They do boat trips on Lough Corrib.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Deep Sea Fishing. Something different.

The boat can take you out fishing, you take a break on the Aran Islands, the boat can cook some of the fish on the boat for you on the way back to the Docks.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Kayaking on the Corrib!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

wind surfing in rusheen bay! Actually why not go jump off blackrock. Its coming up to the end of the hydrological year so the water should be toasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

You counld try Karting in Tynagh: http://pallaskarting.com/

I'm sure you'll find paintballing somewhere in the area.

• Advertisement

There is racing on Sunday and Monday:

http://www.galwayraces.com/october-race-meeting.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Go on the batter

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

wind surfing in rusheen bay! Actually why not go jump off blackrock. Its coming up to the end of the hydrological year so the water should be toasty :D

excellent idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

have a pub crawl. start at the crane. have a glass (not a pint) in every bar you pass. this keeps things moving. no skipping pubs. no drinking in the same pub twice.

see if you can make it to eyre square

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭muchacho

There's a Halloween festival on this weekend in the Latin Quarter
    http://www.thelatinquarter.ie/event/galway-abooo-halloween-festival.html

Here's a video from 2010

• Advertisement
Advertisement