Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply now or wait?

Options
  • 21-10-2012 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

hey people, I have been thinking of joining the reserves for some time now, The only problem is I am young (20) and never had a full time job,(while attending school I was working for a shop but they let me go as business was slow)

I left school in about a year and a half ago since then, I got a job at the post office but that only lasted 6 weeks (temp job) I have done several Fas courses including 2 ECDL courses, a technology course and a jobs club course.

I was just wondering would it be sensible to apply for the reserves now considering I have very little work experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

I applied when I was 19. I didnt become a reserve until I was 22. Id apply now as it could be two to three years before you even walk into templemoore.

Advertisement