Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is that at east-south east

Options
  • 21-10-2012 6:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'e seen it the last few nights, is it a planet? Or a star? Supernovea maybe? Just curious anyway. It's much brighter than the rest of the stars

Edit---Oh is it Jupiter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Venus I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

BrianG23 wrote: »
    I'e seen it the last few nights, is it a planet? Or a star? Supernovea maybe? Just curious anyway. It's much brighter than the rest of the stars

Edit---Oh is it Jupiter?
    Jupiter rises at 8 so most likley it.

Michael

What time did you see it at? If you saw it just before sunrise (i.e., between, say, 5am and 7am, and the time of your post would indicate this) then it's almost certainly Venus, as namloc1980 says.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Stuck in between two fairly bright stars? That would be Jupiter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Watch it change position as regarding the background stars and you will see it is a planet. It will be a little bit further along each night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement