Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Sydney at night- non alcoholic related!

Options
  • 21-10-2012 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey All

I'm based in Sydney for the next 5-6 months with work and I'm looking for things to do at the weekend/ in the evenings that don't involve getting plastered!! (I've recently given up alcohol) I'll meet people through work I'm sure but would be interested to see what options are available to those living in the city. I have already joined the gym so I pretty much have a routine sorted but don't wanna just work and exercise!! All suggestions for meeting new people are welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Amazing how quiet replies are when no alcohol is part of answer???!!

Hey All

I'm based in Sydney for the next 5-6 months with work and I'm looking for things to do at the weekend/ in the evenings that don't involve getting plastered!! (I've recently given up alcohol) I'll meet people through work I'm sure but would be interested to see what options are available to those living in the city. I have already joined the gym so I pretty much have a routine sorted but don't wanna just work and exercise!! All suggestions for meeting new people are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Look at www.meetup.com
    There are a lot of different groups with various interests e.g.
    http://www.meetup.com/sydney-salsa/

Or

http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Socials-without-Alcohol/

Besides that, spend a weekend venturing up or down the coast or west to the Blue Mountains where you could do any number of hikes in the park or try something like canyoning which is great fun (though these are day activities)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I'm not much of a drinker. I'm in Sydney almost every weekend. There's great ways to pass time without drinking.

Some amazing kayaking spots around, beautiful bicycle trails. Start a new hobby like learning to fly a glider or an aeroplane.

There's so much to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pa_

Eating in Sydney is infinitely better than drinking so just do that.

Glebe Point Road and Haymarket are my favourites. Surry Hills and Newtown are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Flyer1 wrote: »
    beautiful bicycle trails.

What are the best ones do you find? Only bought a bike recently so have only cycled over the bridge a couple of times so far, want to go a bit further a-field though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 pa_

La Perouse is a good flat cycle, 25km return.

Advertisement