Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itunes Reboot?

• 21-10-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

For the past number of weeks the movies I have downloaded will not play in itunes.The error message simply says "ITunes has stopped working..A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

Could this be a virus?

Would it help if I removed Itunes and reinstalled? Will I lose all content if I try and log on using my password?

Any other suggestions? Kids going mental as all their movies can't be played.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Download Klite codec pack and use the media player it has or windows media player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you tried an alternative player? I find VLC very good.

While reinstalling most other software works and usually gives you the option to repair the existing installation if you haven't removed it. I have never used Itunes and wouldn't know what reinstalling does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 3fetlar

Hi there,

I have ipad apple tv and iphone... so itunes is a must.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

KLite Codec Pack would not do it, you'll need QT Alternative. VLC should play Apple video files out of the box.
    3fetlar wrote: »
    Would it help if I removed Itunes and reinstalled? Will I lose all content if I try and log on using my password?

Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes will not delete or change any music files.

Advertisement