Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOCAL GAA for a 6 year old

Options
  • 21-10-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

HI

Can anyone help? My son would like to join a local gaa club. The problem is that he is in a rugby club on sat mornings from 10.30-12 and it seems that all the clubs have the same schedule. Would you know of any that would not run at the same time? I don't mind driving a bit as long as it's still in drogheda radius!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

afaik the gaa is finished for this year, soccer on at the minute, gaa will start up again in march

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Some might have training for the younger age groups. My local team has u10 and u8's training at the moment.

Try this link, it has the phone numbers for all clubs around Drogheda:
    http://www.yourlocal.ie/search/drogheda/gaa-clubs-gaelic-athletic-associations

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paul24

It really depends where your living. Your address/ area will be associated with the nearest club where you will need to play. Your son can train with any club but under the rules cannot play in competitive matches with that club later on when he is older.

Give us an idea where you are and we can direct you to your nearest club.

Most clubs have an academy for 6 yrs + and it's the best time to get them started. However most GAA clubs tends to finish up around now until Feb for the winter season.

Paul24

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

That isn't true Paul, there is no parish rules in Louth and any player under 14 is free to move to whatever club he or his parents want.

Advertisement