Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Supplement - how long do I have to wait?

• 21-10-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

i moved 2 months ago to phibsoboro.im in rent allowance accepted system. i sent all documents right after that to dublin 12 office.how long you have been waiting for this decision and rent money?i've been living 2 months now with 60 euros per week , everything else goes for rent.all bills are unpaid.thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

i moved 2 months ago to phibsoboro. ... i sent all documents right after that to dublin 12 office.
    Should you not have sent it to the office dealing with Phibsborough? Or is it all centralised?

2 months does seem to be at the outer limit of what is acceptable, so a phone call would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moonlight47

yes it all centralised.real estate agent warned me that many of the tenants waiting rent money for even 3 months.I did not want to believe him,But, as I understand it, it is still true.I do not even have credit to call into the office .I would not have guessed that I have to fight for survival......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Brace yourself... A friend of mine was recently waiting for five months for his Rent Supplement to come through. I hope yours gets sorted soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I know a couple who had to wait about the 6 month mark. Is this your first time for rent allowance and have you been renting before?

omg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MrsF2011

My brother is waiting to receive rent supplement since February. He has been back and forth to the Social Welfare Office so many times each time they tell him there is 16000 other applicants ahead of him also awaiting their rent supplement. Then again someone told me the other day they received it within a few weeks whether that's true or not I don't know but in the case of my brother he is having a really tough time with the process. Good luck anyways.

this is my fifth flat where i live.3 years ago there was no such problem with rent supplement.what's going on???grazy!!must be to spend Christmas with bread and water..I do not have TV channels from Wednesday,Internet is switched off,ESB will soon be knocking on the door...omg!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrsF2011

Have you made a visit to your community welfare officer? You could be entitled to some extra financial aide ...

Advertisement