Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversation of Bedroom to Bathroom - Quick Question

Options
  • 21-10-2012 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Can anyone settle an (friendly) argument?

Was at the outlaw's new place yesterday. They've converted a bedroom into a bathroom. When I was visiting yesterday, I noticed they had a standard light fitting in the bathroom with a lampshade over a regular bulb. They also don't have a pull switch, just an ordinary standard switch.

Am I right in thinking the light fitting is illegal? I know in the UK it is and has to be a sealed unit, but don't know the law here. I'm also certain the switch is illegal too.

TIA :)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

yep you're right. you'd usually see a globe type fitting also the switch shouldn't be inside the room if it is a standard switch you might get away with a pull chord switch in this case. A standard switch outside the room is fine.

You might want to mention to the monster in law not to splash any water on the bulb as if its on it will shatter sending glass everywhere.

What did ye win other than bragging rights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

She was surprised. My outlaw is the type that's never wrong, because her best friend's aunty's, husband's, second cousin's, stepmother said so!!

An EA valued the place and never mentioned the light fittings, so she thought as the EA said nothing then it must be all right. I told her the EA'll say anything to get a commission and won't point these things out! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

She was surprised. My outlaw is the type that's never wrong, because her best friend's aunty's, husband's, second cousin's, stepmother said so!!

An EA valued the place and never mentioned the light fittings, so she thought as the EA said nothing then it must be all right. I told her the EA'll say anything to get a commission and won't point these things out! :D

ah sure the EA would've told her it has a zero carbon foot print while throwing another polar bear on the fire if it meant selling the house :D

I love the in-laws they're a great source of amusement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

They've converted a bedroom into a bathroom.

Who did the conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Who did the conversion?

Perhaps
    her best friend's aunty's, husband's, second cousin's, stepmother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

Advertisement