Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English grinds to get me an A2/A1

• 21-10-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey.. currently my english is at a B3/B2 standard...
    I Do Biology and Ag Science aswell which would be of A2/A1 standard.. I do 7 subjects all of which im getting A's in at the moment except english.. I was fine with this till i understood i could present ag science and biology together for points in trinty which where I want to study a course in 550+ points.. stuck between a few...
    Anyway, Im wondering if grinds could get me up to an A standard or revison courses or read more etc etc??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Are you sure about that? I think you just can't use both as your 2 science subjects to do their science course. I googled it to check and saw something saying they could both be used for points, but it was a pdf file so I couldn't find it once I clicked in, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alan56

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I think you just can't use both as your 2 science subjects to do their science course. I googled it to check and saw something saying they could both be used for points, but it was a pdf file so I couldn't find it once I clicked in, sorry!

4 Combinations of Leaving Certificate subjects not permitted
    Biology and agricultural science may both be used for scoring purposes but biology may not be presented with agricultural science as the two higher level subjects required for Dental science, Earth sciences, Medicine, Medicinal chemistry, Physiotherapy or Science. In addition, Biology and agricultural science may not be presented as two of the three HC3 (or above) grades required for matriculation purposes.This is what it says in the TCD prospectus![/SIZE]
    Does it mean I can.. Is that what it means by 'scoring purposes' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

It means you can use them together for the purposes of getting the points you need for the course. But if the course requires say 2 science classes, you cannot use both of them for that purpose. So if it requires 2 science classes, you'd need another science class. If it requires three higher c3 grades, you cannot use biology and ag science together. So you would need to get a higher c3 in either biology or ag science and 2 other classes.

Advertisement