Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best French & Irish Grammar Books

• 21-10-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi! I'm in 5th Year, and for JC I had bad teachers in both subjects meaning I crammed for the JC and didn't actually learn much in either subject so I need to catch up.

Which are the best Irish and French grammar books? Which is the most concise, easy to follow etc. There's so many out there, so I'd like to know which you guys have found to be the best.

Thanks c:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nailvarnish16

I'm in 5th year as well and I'm getting A's so far in French and the average is 50 in my honors class. I don't know actual grammar books but we use 'triomphe en bac' at school for all aspects of the subject and it has excellent grammar notes and I bought 'a l'attaque' for extra notes on reaction questions and grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

francais.ie has fantastic grammar notes and exercises. I would highly recommend accent francais as an extra source of vocab. It is an oral book but covers the oral topics and discussion topics in a comprehensive way. More HL than OL.
    *I did not create the site or write the book- I wish I had as both are great!

Advertisement