Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista operating system not working and suggested solutions have failed

• 21-10-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I bought a Lenovo G550 laptop a little of two years ago now and switched the machine on last week. It told me that either a Vista disk needed to be loaded in to reboot the machine or I could load in one of the safe mode options. I tried each of the safe mode options first but the same thing continued to happen. Then when I tried to load Vista, again nothing happened.

I currently cant afford to bring my laptop to someone to fix it, and basically just wondering is there a way that I can find out if it is dead as a dodo or if its worth paying to be fixed! Without having to pay to be told it cant be fixed! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

jakoboi91 wrote: »
    I currently cant afford to bring my laptop to someone to fix it, and basically just wondering is there a way that I can find out if it is dead as a dodo or if its worth paying to be fixed! Without having to pay to be told it cant be fixed! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you want to run some hardware diagnostics, grab UBCD, a bootable CD with a great variety of diagnostic tools. To test the system memory, use Memtest86+, to scan the hard disk drive for errors use ViVARD.

If you want to restore your laptop to factory default settings... Instructions from the Lenovo G550 User Manual, p.23 (PDF here):

201210211246.jpg

Advertisement