Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Windows - Condensation

• 21-10-2012 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

We got new windows in the house this summer. Up until then we had old single glazed aluminium framed windows and the house was always cold. During the autumn / winter months the inside of the windows would be full of condensation each morning.

Now - with the new double-glazing there is no condensation on the inside and the house is a lot warmer.

But on a couple of occasions (this morning included) the outside of the windows are covered in condensation... I looked at the neighbours houses and none of theirs seem to be affected... It also only seems to be the front windows (we got a different model on the back of the house).

So I have a couple of questions:

1. What could be causing this?
    2. Is it a sign of some sort of defect?
    3. Is there anything I can do to stop it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

its just the weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

daver123 wrote: »
    its just the weather

Yeah but it just seems to be our house that's affected... None of the neighbours houses have condensation on the outside of their windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Condensation on the outside of your windows can mean that you have had very good windows indeed installed (i.e. very little heat conduction loss through the glass). I am assuming that by "outside" you don't mean between the glass panes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

MicktheMan wrote: »
    Condensation on the outside of your windows can mean that you have had very good windows indeed installed (i.e. very little heat conduction loss through the glass). I am assuming that by "outside" you don't mean between the glass panes.

No not between the panes. On the outside - you can wipe it off so definitely not between panes.

So there's no defect then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

No

• Advertisement
Advertisement