Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you tell me what these cables are called

Options
  • 21-10-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for some cables that you can see in the picture below. I have called to a few electrical shops but have had no luck. Can anyone tell me what these are called, I can then look online. If anyone can tell me where I can get them it would also be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The first one looks like an audio jack, but I don't know which one - are there any markings at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rocky2

Hello,

There are no markings at all, it is used to connect two lights boxes that have small LED lights, these cables connect the power from one to the other.

Thanks you taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not sure you will find anything like that here, they look similar to stuff that comes from china, often supplied with bits and pieces for charging etc.

Do you need more, or extend the length? You might be best trying to make an alternative or reusing the existing connectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

They look similar to 2 pin jst connector type yokes connected to mono 3.5mm jack plugs.

Can you post a photo of the socket the white ones plug into?

Leads like that can easily be made up. It depends on what the white plugs are connecting to, as to how to make them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rocky2

robbie7730 wrote: »
    They look similar to 2 pin jst connector type yokes connected to mono 3.5mm jack plugs.

Can you post a photo of the socket the white ones plug into?

Leads like that can easily be made up. It depends on what the white plugs are connecting to, as to how to make them up.

Hello,

I have attached more pictures that may give you a better idea of what they are used for.

I have two light boxes, I plug one into a socket to get power, the leads connect box 1 and box 2, so the power goes from box 1 to box 2.

Thank you for your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As i said earlier, I don't think you will get those leads here. Cut the black 3.5mm jack off and connect directly to the driver/trafo, or get a new trafo altogether. Plenty of rigid led fittings like theses around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

As can be seen here, they do indeed look like they are jst type connectors, a type I use myself for radio control applications.

They would be easy to make up from getting the connectors and mono jack plugs, and a bit of suitable cable, and solder them together. A polarity check of the existing ones with a meter would be a good idea and make the new ones the same.

Making them up or having someone make them would seem the likely way to get them.

Are your existing ones broke, or you need more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/p/solid-state-lighting/7125591/

may not n be the same, and you will have to make the ends yourself

Advertisement