Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account hacked !! What do I do now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

My user name on battlefield is Fianoglach_Airm , aka Dave in teamspeak
    The other user name is the guy that stole my account , hmmm is it possible he came through my router ???? Thought they had built in fire walls

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The other user name is the guy that stole my account , hmmm is it possible he came through my router ???? Thought they had built in fire walls

where else do you use this account? xbox? ps3?
    All of your ea accounts are linked etc.
    Eg..I play Fifa 13 on xbox 360...this is linked to my origin account on my pc so to BF3 etc..

If he's getting in that fast he must have his email/mobile set up for the password reminder. There's no other way he can get it that fast with PC switched off and you not logging onto your account.
    You didn't piss Zeke or Mr Fitt off in EA did you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

huh that vic whatever guy added me too assumed it was a boardsie that got names from the bf3 name thread.

time to defriend i guess, although there are a few things that could be done. There is a way if he clicks a link that it would give us his IP address. Not perfect but a start.

I had to do it before to prove that a person had created a facebook page (long story) but by getting their IP address i was able to show them the rough location and who their ISP was.

I can't remember the name of the site though that created the option but i'll look when i get home.

The only issue is there would have to be a reason that they would want to click on the link. I know i wouldn't click a link someone randomly sends me and seeing they seem to be fairly good with computers they might not bother clicking through

Did you check the forwarding settings in your email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Ah right :). it's highly unlikely that they are but I'm sure that you'd like to know what happened and get peace of mind (and so would we)

dreamers75 wrote: »

google with the keyword "cheat" after it and run the first result through google translate. I did it from a linux box just to be safe

Spanner, by any chance did you purchase your game through one of those russian sites?

No bought the game from a shop in town
    I'd never click on a link I didn't know and even when they come from someone I know I'd be wary , I'm very careful with that kind of thing

I haven't checked the forwarding details as I don't have access to my account any more

, it was me that added ye not him , as soon as he got into my account he erased my friends list , for the brief period I got in I invited ye again before he took it back , those that are now friends with him will u check and see if he is using the account , he shouldn't be able to as EA banned the account , I'm just wondering .

And ya I googled the user name and numerous Russian hack websites came up , so he's not new to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

No bought the game from a shop in town
    I'd never click on a link I didn't know and even when they come from someone I know I'd be wary , I'm very careful with that kind of thing

I haven't checked the forwarding details as I don't have access to my account any more

, it was me that added ye not him , as soon as he got into my account he erased my friends list , for the brief period I got in I invited ye again before he took it back , those that are now friends with him will u check and see if he is using the account , he shouldn't be able to as EA banned the account , I'm just wondering .

And ya I googled the user name and numerous Russian hack websites came up , so he's not new to this
    And you said EA can't transfer your stats? Why the fook can't they? Are they storing people's stats in a filing cabinet?

And you said EA can't transfer your stats? Why the fook can't they? Are they storing people's stats in a filing cabinet?

Don't know he said the stats are assigned to the profile and they can't remove or alter them :-(

• Advertisement

Don't know he said the stats are assigned to the profile and they can't remove or alter them :-(
    Well you're after giving them ~€90 for the game including Premium. They're bound to have the ability to manually input statistics for any player they like, so you should request that they do exactly that. It's not like it'd take hours to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ThCGaToR

The Flaw is on their End! Linking accounts w/ a new popular game is the Flaw they are using to jack the accounts. Call them here: EA Support Direct #: 650-628-1001 Try and get moved up to Escalated support and read the following:

Well I did get to the bottom if this - after having 4+ Techs tell me to Reformat my hard drive, It's my email being hacked, etc... EA Support is helping me with a Hacker of my account - I had to call 6x to convince them it was on their end (prob about 4hrs on the phone w/ escalated support)

There is a security Flaw with another new popular game they are linking accounts with (mostly Russians) and hacking the Origin accounts (mainly BF3 accounts). You will probably get an email regarding this game and a password change when your Origin pass changes (you will get an email about his too). Keep an eye on your account and if Hacked, insist it is on their end - Hopefully they will fix it but they just discovered this flaw according to them. They are giving me MoH Warfigher for my trouble - meh...

ThCGaToR wrote: »
    The Flaw is on their End! Linking accounts w/ a new popular game is the Flaw they are using to jack the accounts. Call them here: EA Support Direct #: 650-628-1001 Try and get moved up to Escalated support and read the following:
    That would work if we were in the US. :rolleyes:

ThCGaToR wrote: »
    The Flaw is on their End! Linking accounts w/ a new popular game is the Flaw they are using to jack the accounts. Call them here: EA Support Direct #: 650-628-1001 Try and get moved up to Escalated support

Thanks for taking the time to register, that does make sense. Did they ever link your profile back to your old stats? We can see two profiles for spanner on battlelog (new profile and old profile with all his unlocks but the hackers name is on it) and one other profile for the guy who hacked him with different stats again.

I say hacker, it's probably just a customer of the hacker

sorry i dont get what you are saying thCGaToR ?:o
    if someone else does can they please try explain:o

from what i can tell from that post the hackers are using a roundabout way to get your account.

There was a flaw in another Origin game that linked uses Origin and thats what they are targeting. Like getting into the bank when the main doors are locked but the side door has a bit of sticky tape holding it closed

Have you another Origin game installed or linked to your account?

so your PC and email address was not compromised, it was something on EA's end. I'm sure they'll have to allow you to get access to your old stats again once they fix it

Ya I'm seeing an awful lot of threads on battlelog forums about hacked accounts it wouldn't surprise me , they would want to sort it soon though, or I will have 1 profile for BF3 and 1 for MOH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

So today I received an email from Origin saying my account email has changed. I did not try to change my email address. So now, I cannot log into Origin, Battlelog and there is no evidence of my address to any account with either. I'm trying to contact Origin support, but they need you to log in, and when I try, my email address is not linked to any account. Anybody have any idea what I can do?

*EDIT: Sorry, just saw the other thread about account hacking. I'll try those steps and hopefully get my account back. Christ.

Hey SpannerMonkey. Looks like I've suffered the same thing. Pain in the hole. Did you ring EA from Ireland or over Skype or what did you do? Looks like I'm going to have to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I added your post to this thread Sanjuro

Your best bet is to do what Spanner did & contact EA. Keep hounding them, the issue is most likely on their end.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I added your post to this thread Sanjuro

Your best bet is to do what Spanner did & contact EA. Keep hounding them, the issue is most likely on their end.

Thanks ktulu. I cut straight to the chase and rang Origin in the US via Skype. Turns out my account had been hacked by some douchebag. Deleted all my friends and servers, but I have my stats. Account is back in my control, currently doing a mal and spyware sweep. I had visions of a nightmare with Origin, but fair dues to them, that was a fast response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

My account got hacked today im stuggling to find a number for ea or skype address, can somebody link it ?

To those who got hacked are yous buying other origin games?

if so which ones? wonder is there a common game that links yous

danniemcq wrote: »
    To those who got hacked are yous buying other origin games?

if so which ones? wonder is there a common game that links yous

Gonna guess Battlefield.

Without knowing how its being done, what can you do to prevent it :confused:

the only other games i had on my account were

Battlefield bad company 2
    sniper elite
    Mass effect 3 demo

beno619 wrote: »
    My account got hacked today im stuggling to find a number for ea or skype address, can somebody link it ?

sorry to hear that , its a balls , i never got mine back :(
    had to set up a new one :mad:

i phoned them in the UK as it was the nearest

0044 870 243 2435

did they change your account email address ? if so you might need the CD key of one of the games on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

sorry to hear that , its a balls , i never got mine back :(
    had to set up a new one :mad:

i phoned them in the UK as it was the nearest

0044 870 243 2435

did they change your account email address ? if so you might need the CD key of one of the games on your account

Thanks for the number, il already tried a few today but been on hold for 5 mins a time, dont think there actually open on weekends even tho they say the are :mad:

Yep he changed my email I do have the key as I purchased it online so hopefully all goes well.

• Advertisement

Advertisement