Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return flight refund

Options
  • 21-10-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I recently enquired with the company I booked a long haul international flight with, could I get a refund on the return leg flight, as I would not be returning on the pre-booked date. Also, I could not confirm the exact date I would be returning on. I was told no and that it would cost €220 to change the return flight departure date.

Am I not entitled to a refund considering I am giving them at least 4 weeks notice? I don't really want to be hit with a €220 charge to change the date as I already paid that when I had to change my departure date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I recently enquired with the company I booked a long haul international flight with, could I get a refund on the return leg flight, as I would not be returning on the pre-booked date. Also, I could not confirm the exact date I would be returning on. I was told no and that it would cost €220 to change the return flight departure date.

Am I not entitled to a refund considering I am giving them at least 4 weeks notice? I don't really want to be hit with a €220 charge to change the date as I already paid that when I had to change my departure date.

You're only entitled to any taxes that you have paid in respect of the unused return flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

kkelly77 wrote: »

Why would you be entitled to a refund for giving four weeks notice. You purchased a flight, they have the service there for you and you are changing your mind about it. Charges for change of dates and so forth are common. You should have checked these out before purchasing as they are very important.

Some travel agents offer flight change for free sometimes, others dont. Never heard of anyone allowing a refund if you give them a certain amount of notice.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As this is a change of mind they don't have to do anything for you. Its not their fault you can't take the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It can depend on the type of ticket you bought. Most tickets are non-refundable (unless you fork out extra). All that you are entitled to a refund on the taxes for the unused portion of the flight.

Advertisement