Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science + Biology Points in trinity

• 21-10-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Can you count both Ag scienc and biology for points in trinity becuase in their prospectuse I think it says you can't??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I think you're mixing up points and entry requirements. You can use those subjects for points, but on the page for Trinity Science it says:
    Special Entry Requirements:

HC3 In two of: physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, physics/chemistry, geology, geography, applied mathematics or agricultural science

Combinations of subjects not permitted:
    Physics/chemistry with physics or chemistry
    Agricultural science with biology
    Applied mathematics with mathematics

So for that course, you need 2 sciences to fulfill the entry requirements but it can't be only Ag Sci and Biology. It doesn't matter what subjects you use for points though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

This is a bit irrelevant but it's always confused me...there's no LC subject called geology is there? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Patchy~ wrote: »
    This is a bit irrelevant but it's always confused me...there's no LC subject called geology is there? :confused:

There is a trinity matriculation exam. Geology is one of the exams. It can be counted as points for entry to trinity. There is an exam in biblical studies too. http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/requirements/matric-exam/

Advertisement