Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feckin Maroon Pants

• 21-10-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭

Have you noticed all the young wans' are wearing maroon chinos or skinny jeans nowadays, the boys and the girls. What is this uniform look all about? They must be half price in Penneys or something.

Do you own a pair of these maroon pants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Have you noticed all the young wans' are wearing maroon chinos or skinny jeans nowadays, the boys and the girls. What is this uniform look all about? They must be half price in Penneys or something.

Do you own a pair of these maroon pants?

Never have and never will. Awful looking things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

was thinking of getting them the other day. Might still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I have a pair...nice with a cream top :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

mauzo wrote: »
    I have a pair...nice with a cream top :)

Misread as "with cream on top"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I think they're lovely.
    Haven't got any because I've been pregnant, and now I must lose a bunch of weight.
    But then I shall be straight to the shop to buy some lovely maroon pants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

ah yes, the skinny jeans for guys thingy. I remember that surfaced briefly in the 70's (well it lasted for about 6 years)

although make-up wasn't part of the look.

yer woman on the LLS, 'metrosexuality'. lol. the sexuality of jeans i assume she meant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Maroon chinos give me a reason to dislike someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They look lovely on a girl with a nice arse. Nobody else can pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

maroon chinos

They make you move like Jagger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I see After Hours have moved on from complaining about skinny jeans to complaining about certain colours of skinny jeans. Is this progression?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

1210m5g wrote: »
    I see After Hours have moved on from complaining about skinny jeans to complaining about certain colours of skinny jeans. Is this progression?

Maroon pants are the new check shirt it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

People who wear any sort of pants are a waste of space. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Prick! wrote: »
    Maroon chinos give me a reason to dislike someone.

This reminds me of my attitude when I was 13. It also kind of reminds me of my mother saying things like "is it a boy or a girl? It's hard to tell these days" in response to a local guy getting his ear pierced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Better than a pair of stonewashed denims!

Maroon pants are the new check shirt it seems.

I really hate check shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I have a pair and it's slick! OP probably dislike them cause he's too old to wear them lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

I call them bressie pants. One of those awful fashions like men with v-neck plunge tops that hopefully goes away very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭stupidfishy

I think their lovely.
    Haven't got any because I've been pregnant, and now I must lose a bunch of weight.
    But then I shall be straight to the shop to buy some lovely maroon pants :)

Ahh, congrats on the baba!

• Advertisement

Ahh, congrats on the baba!

Ha thanks :)

And in highlighting my post, I see I've made one of the worst internet offences - spelled they're wrong!
    Must edit that now. :)

Notorioux wrote: »
    I have a pair and it's slick! OP probably dislike them cause he's too old to wear them lol

You may be right, I probably am too old but I have no urge to wear them.

What's slick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I fancy myself being in the band Maroon 5, so I wear the colour maroon, at every possibility. You're a spiteful little man

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I have admit the maroon ones aren't the worst.... My ex came home one day with sky blue ones. They were awful.

He had also bought a pair of mustard yellow Toms to "go with them".

He was spending too much time in Dundrum Town Centre :p

I fancy myself being in the band Maroon 5, so I wear the colour maroon, at every possibility. You're a spiteful little man

Do the pants not clash with your hat?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm not sure about maroon trousers but I wouldn't mind wearing Adam Levine from Maroon 5. :-D

I have quite a few check shirts - the thing is, I remember when they were previously fashionable 20 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Joni23 wrote: »
    I call them bressie pants. One of those awful fashions like men with v-neck plunge tops that hopefully goes away very soon.

Ooh I hate these fecking things! Wear skinny jeans so tight they're half way up your hole, but guys that wear these ridiculous t shirts are always the most self obsessed mouthy gobshítes I've ever met. Reminds me of Georie Shore.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I'm not sure about maroon trousers but I wouldn't mind wearing Adam Levine from Maroon 5. :-D

Is he gay? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

PWND

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Is he gay? :(

No, unfortunately not - to the best of my knowledge. You're in with a chance then so! ;-)

wendydoll wrote: »
    I have admit the maroon ones aren't the worst.... My ex came home one day with sky blue ones. They were awful.

He had also bought a pair of mustard yellow Toms to "go with them".

He was spending too much time in Dundrum Town Centre :p

I bought grey toms in America, they are actually called bobs...I wore them out once. Jesus they are ugly shoes. Can't imagine mustard ones

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

Bizarrely, I've just ordered a pair of maroon skinny jeans off ebay 5 minutes ago. Didn't even know this was a 'thing' - was just searching for any old jeans in my size and I thought "they'll make a nice change from all my blue and black pairs, why not?". I'll probably start noticing them everywhere now.
    I'm a girl by the way if that lessens your hatred.

But I say live and let live - trends come and go, you're not gonna like all of them.

Having said that, I really can't stand those low-cut tops on boys though. I'm doing a college course where most of my class are younger and trendier than me, and the lads wear these a lot. I just don't get it; looks weirdly effeminate or something. But hey, it's not me they're trying to impress so whatever floats their boat...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Tope wrote: »
    Bizarrely, I've just ordered a pair of maroon skinny jeans off ebay 5 minutes ago. Didn't even know this was a 'thing' - was just searching for any old jeans in my size and I thought "they'll make a nice change from all my blue and black pairs, why not?". I'll probably start noticing them everywhere now.
    I'm a girl by the way if that lessens your hatred.

But I say live and let live - trends come and go, you're not gonna like all of them.

Having said that, I really can't stand those low-cut tops on boys though. I'm doing a college course where most of my class are younger and trendier than me, and the lads wear these a lot. I just don't get it; looks weirdly effeminate or something. But hey, it's not me they're trying to impress so whatever floats their boat...

Why not? :)

Tope wrote: »

Same here. tell me are the girls in your college wearing tights but calling them leggings? I'm used to seeing girls wearing leggings as trousers. But these are completly see through.

Grayson wrote: »

Same here. tell me are the girls in your college wearing tights but calling them leggings? I'm used to seeing girls wearing leggings as trousers. But these are completly see through.

One of my friends wears those. I've seen more of her arse than I have my own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

mauzo wrote: »
    One of my friends wears those. I've seen more of her arse than I have my own.
    I assumed they were Penneys leggings that were washed once or twice :pac:.

Speaking of your arse - did you ever get that tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

Grayson wrote: »
    Ha, yes, and tiny denim shorts over tights is normal day-wear. They look half naked most of the time! It's an improvement over summer time when young ones literally had half their arses on view!
    (I'm sure the guys won't be complaining too much about that trend, but god it looks awful!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

JupiterKid wrote: »

No, unfortunately not - to the best of my knowledge. You're in with a chance then so! ;-)
    He has a gay brother

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

leggings / thick tights with short tops.

I don't need to see every crease of your anatomy thank you very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Do the pants not clash with your hat?

Why yes, yes they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

why do people care so much about what other people wear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think maroon is the colour of the season, everyone is wearing the exact same maroon hoodies too.

I assumed they were Penneys leggings that were washed once or twice :pac:.

Speaking of your arse - did you ever get that tattoo?

No, I got arse acne.

I'm not even joking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Do many people still wear the tight jeans with the pulled down baggy arse on them? Watching people run for the bus with them is entertainment everyone can enjoy. The fashion equivalent of hobbling.

df1985 wrote: »
    why do people care so much about what other people wear?

Im not obsessed with the trend. I just like popping hipster bubbles.

The young ones dress sense nowadays Is just so splash dash and homogenised. I preferred the days when you had sub groups like metallers, goths, grungers, jocks, punks etc.

Fair play to the chavs though. At least you know what you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Go to around 45 seconds and substitute in pants for dress...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

MAROON FOREVER !!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6Ajh7XAhaJB_qGF9inZT7ls1wXbzBQ88qbqY5RrTvlsywmWZ1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1V63dyvTkjuaQUMQaBRWXcj1w3j_gcVYCZQsApbk8_-DvNPtC

<<<< Including my Location !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Im not obsessed with the trend. I just like popping hipster bubbles.

The young ones dress sense nowadays Is just so splash dash and homogenised. I preferred the days when you had sub groups like metallers, goths, grungers, jocks, punks etc.

Fair play to the chavs though. At least you know what you're dealing with.

Do we not still have all these groups? Isn't Jock an American high school type thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

phasers wrote: »
    I think maroon is the colour of the season, everyone is wearing the exact same maroon hoodies too.

When everyone's wearing it, it's the colour of last season hunni :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

The Hulk has worn maroon pants for years. Suits him well, goes nicely with the green skin. Truly a beast before his time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement