Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Content (Articles) for new website

Options
  • 21-10-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting together a new website focusing on a particular topic.

As well as lots of other content, I'm going to require the guts of 50 articles (preferably unique) for launch, covering various aspects of this subject.

Does anyone have any idea/experience of where to go to get these articles written?

I was hoping to source a company online that provides this service or even approach colleges/freelance or unemployed journalists but dont now what is best or where to start. My budget is also very small.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

If your budget is small i wouldnt suggest going to any colleges locally..

Writing a 500 word article could take 2hrs and on minimum wage i suspect your 50 articles will set you back a sizable sum..

Go to freelancer.com and look at some prices there and you could be looking the region of 200 dollars mate..

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

newdigi wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting together a new website focusing on a particular topic.

As well as lots of other content, I'm going to require the guts of 50 articles (preferably unique) for launch, covering various aspects of this subject.

Does anyone have any idea/experience of where to go to get these articles written?

I was hoping to source a company online that provides this service or even approach colleges/freelance or unemployed journalists but dont now what is best or where to start. My budget is also very small.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Hey OP,

Could be pricier than you think, but you'll definitely get a journalism student or some such to produce some content for you. I've used FlexiStudents.ie to recruit some great writers in the past, it has a student and graduate audience so you are bound to find someone.

I know that companies who do Communications and PR potentially charge a fortune, so bound to be outside your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

thanks a lot for the suggestions. i'll take a look at both sites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

riveratom wrote: »
    Hey OP,

Could be pricier than you think, but you'll definitely get a journalism student or some such to produce some content for you. I've used FlexiStudents.ie to recruit some great writers in the past, it has a student and graduate audience so you are bound to find someone.

I know that companies who do Communications and PR potentially charge a fortune, so bound to be outside your budget.

Seems this would be a decent site but hasnt been updated in months ..

Advertisement