Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer problems

Options
  • 21-10-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All,
    I have a serious problem with computer. I think its a virus. when I turn it on I get what I believe is called " the black screen of death ". I get 4 options,
    safe mode,
    safe mode with networking
    safe mode with command prompt and
    open windows normally.

When I try them all it tries to open but goes back to the same screen again.
    I tried pressing f8 when i turn on my computer, this gave a number of options again, including " repair my computer ". I tried a few of them and that still didnt work.
    I tried reinstalling the Operating System and this didnt work for me either.

Can anyone help me please:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Bakugan wrote: »
    I tried reinstalling the Operating System and this didnt work for me either.

And why exactly did this not work for you? Where did Windows Setup stop? Did you get an error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

I dont know why it didnt work for me.
    whatever option i chose it would eventually go back to the black screen
    no error message

I was online last week and my computer just crashed. I was installing a Java update at the time ( this may be how the virus got in ). when i turn it on now, no matter what i do it goes back to the black screen, that is when i try and run windows.
    it will open up in safe mode alright, but my options are then limited

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you are getting into windows safe mode then run Malwarebytes and this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Check the hard disk for errors, could be a dying drive

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Go into BIOS, normally the Delete button and see if the Hard drive is listed there.
    If it is, make sure that BOOT is set to the HDD either first or more commonly second.

If it is listed there, then try F8 Safe Mode with Command Prompt and type in..

chkdsk c:/r

to run a check ad repair on the drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

ok, i'l try all the above and see how it goes.
    i tried the malwarebytes in safe mode and that didnt work.
    chhers

Advertisement