Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro sim cutter - do they do the business correctly?

• 21-10-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I ordered an iPhone 4s from the apple store which comes unlocked so should work with any network. I will obviously need a micro sim , so was thinking of buying a micro sim card cutter , to cut an existing sim down to size.

Has anybody ever used one of these and if so do they do the job right without causing any damage or issues? Or would I be better off just buying a new micro sim and getting O2 to transfer my details over to the new sim?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

if your staying with your current network request a micro sim free of charge...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Talk to O2 here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1479, or order one off their website.
    They should send you out a micro sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Thanks for the replies guys.

I might now check with tescomobile about the possibility of a microsim. They have some packages which suit the way I use my calls etc. Fairly good rates for international calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Carphone Warehouse have microsim cutters behind the counter and will do it for you for free - I've had to get sims cut down and they were very helpful, even though I wasn't getting anything in the store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Carphone Warehouse have microsim cutters behind the counter and will do it for you for free - I've had to get sims cut down and they were very helpful, even though I wasn't getting anything in the store.

+1 I found them very helpful. Walked in, asked would they mind cutting it for me, No Problem was the answer, walked out. Can't ask for any more really, very helpful indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

i cut mine with a sharp scissors to the ouline of the micro-sim tray on the iphone. worked fine for 18 months with no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

From working in Carophone Warehouse, I can tell you the sim cutters work fine. Personally I would prefer doing a sim change if it was me though.

Advertisement