Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Recommendations

• 21-10-2012 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

So I'm looking for a new Router.

I've had the Netgear DGN2200 for a long while now but the wireless is starting the act up despite resets and so on. It's lasted a good while though so I'm not too bothered by that.

I'm looking around but not sure what to pick up. I need a router with great wireless performance since the house has a few dozen different wireless devices. At least 4 iPods, 4 or 5 phones, 3 Xboxs, 2 PS3s, Laptops, a few custom PCs, TVs, an iPad and so on.

Preferably Dual Band too. Price isn't much of an issue either.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I got an Apple Airport Extreme, but pricey, but super simple to setup and it just works. Simultaneous dual band. Having an airport express at the other side of the house to extend the network helps too. Airplay audio is perfect. Not sure if you can get the consoles all into DMZ, but port forwarding should be easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Static Jak

I'll definitely look into it. Any other suggestions?

I think I'll avoid Netgears latest line ups. The DGN3700 has a load of complaints against it from bad range to dropping the wireless altogether. And some dodgy firmware. I know I can't fully update my DGN2200 to its latest firmware due to an issue where all 360s will have moderate NAT with no way to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

LiNKSYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Static Jak

uberalles wrote: »
    LiNKSYS
    What model.

Advertisement